Chapter 19

A/N Dedicated @Idontgiveaflip for making the wonderful cover on the side:) I seriously love it<3

"You're going out in that?" Katy asked skeptically when she saw Dannie come out of her room.

Dannie looked down at her ripped black jean shorts and plain off the shoulder top.  She kicked the nonexistent dirt with her converse and eyed her little sister.

"Yeah, so what?"

"You look nice," Katy smiled and hugged her sister.  Leaning down to return her hug, Katy put her mouth next to Dannie's ear.

"Watch out for Kate tonight, she'll be there to ruin your date."

Dannie straightened her back and rolled her eyes.

"It's not a date Katy.  And I'm sure we'll be fine," Dannie said, confident that even if Kate did show up, she wouldn't be too much of a bother.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," Katy said scampering away.  

Dannie sighed and grabbed her wristlet.  She hadn't been sure of how she would pay for her meal as Lucas already took half of her money but Katy had generously given her her own fifty dollar bill.

"Heading out?"  Dannie didn't have to turn around to know it was Lucas.

"Yeah, I'll be back before the ship leaves.  Don't worry," she called back.

Weaving her way through the shops, Dannie came to the small building labeled Natural Slice.  A small smile made it's way onto her lips when she saw Seth sitting inside, waiting for her.  Pushing open the door, a small bell rung, causing Seth's head to snap up and meet her eyes.

"Hey Dannie," he said, his eyes glowing as she sat down.

"Hey," she smiled at him and looked around.  As much as she wanted this night would go well, she couldn't help but be paranoid about Kate appearing and ruining everything.  Maybe she would show up and dump pizza sauce down her shirt or something.  Dannie winced at the mental image and wiped the sweat off her palms.

"So, what do you want?" Seth asked.

After three platters of pizza and arguing over whether or not it was a vegetable, Dannie and Seth sat back, bloated.  Time had flown by with not a dull second, but now in the silence, Dannie's thought started to run wild again.

What if Kate showed up?  What would happen then?

"Oh no," Seth moaned looking at something behind Dannie's shoulder.

Dannie cringed but didn't turn around.  Speak, or think in her case, of the devil and she shall appear.  She didn't need to look to know that Kate was somewhere behind her.

"Let's get out of here," Seth muttered.

"Huh?" Dannie asked but she followed Seth's lead anyways and got up out of her chair.

"I'm not in the mood to deal with Kate right now," he said grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the far side of the restaurant.  

Dannie smiled, not because he didn't want to see Kate but because he was holding her hand.  It felt good.  However, Dannie's smile disappeared when she realized there was almost no way to get out of the building without Kate noticing.

Currently, she and Seth were hiding in a dark corner of the restaurant.  Unfortunately, there was only one door out and that was the one at the entrance.

From where they were hidden, the pair saw Kate and Quinn walking to the table they were just sat at.

"I swear I just saw him here," Kate muttered harshly.