Chapter 23

Scarlet's Pov

"Scar, Hurry up!" His husky yet mocking voice echoed through the house.

I giggled, sticking my head around the door as I stumbled into my fancy shoes. "Shut up!" I teased, smiling when i heard his feet on the stairs.

I ran back over to the mirror, color rushing to my pale face as I blushed in excitement. I had been happy that Harry had brought me here. We had grown a lot closer, and he had told me things he had never told anyone else before. He let me into his past. He showed his vulnerable side, and for the first time, I was there for him instead of him being there for me. Something had changed in me since we had been here, I was no longer afraid. I was stronger, in more ways than one. I was...free.

I smirked when I saw the door open. I kept my eyes on the mirror, watching as his amused face appeared from behind the wooden door. I locked my gaze on his, smiling as I applied a thin layer of lipgloss to my cracked lips. Leaning against the door frame, he threw his arms across his chest and watched me intensely. He narrowed his eyes, so I narrowed mine, slowly turning around to face him. I bit down on my lower lip, walking towards him as his dark and hungry eyes burned into mine.

"Did you just tell me to shut up?" He asked, flashing me his lopsided grin as he raised his eyebrow.

I smugly nodded, keeping my eyes firmly on his. His hands reached out, grabbing me by the waist. I let out a loud shriek, laughing hysterically as he pulled me into his embrace. His arms wrapped around my frame, drowning me in a tight and loving hug. His plump lips traveled to my ear, and his teeth lightly grazed the lobe.

"You shouldn't do that." He growled, causing me to freeze.

"Really? Why?" I breathed, nervously.

He placed his hands on my shoulders, slowly pushing me back before taking my face in his warm hands. I shivered, closing my eyes over as I leaned into his touch. I could stay here, like this, forever. His index finger slowly traced the outline of my jaw, before resting on my chin as he tilted it up. My eyes flickered open, only to be met by the most breathtaking shade of green.

"Because." He whispered teasingly. "It turns me on when you stand up to me."

"Well...get Used to it. I'm all about standing up for myself these days." I beamed, flashing him a warm smile.

His smile faded, and was soon replaced by a serious and stern look. His thumb brushed over my cheekbone, as he whispered. "When did you get so brave?"

I reached my hand up, placing it over his before our fingers intertwined. I smiled shyly, doing my best to lighten the now tense mood.

"When I stopped being afraid." He seemed shocked when I spoke the words loudly.

"We should get to dinner. Come on." He mumbled, pulling me along behind him.

I couldn't deny that I was taken aback. Why was he so dismissive of the idea of me being stronger than I was before? He raced down the stairs, holding me close beside him. He pulled open the front door, not saying a word as we stepped out into the cold snow that had fallen overnight. He dropped my hand, locking the house up as i walked ahead. I felt...angry. I could hear him call out to me as I quickened my step. His voice now louder as his running feet crunched through the snow. I huffed and puffed, throwing my hands in the air as i cursed under my breath. His chuckle echoed in my ears, causing me to turn around. My anger was evident, but he still continued to laugh.

"It's not funny." I warned. "Don't make me laugh. I'm mad at you." I snapped, glaring at him.

He licked his plump lips, releasing another low chuckle as he stepped forward. I stepped back, causing him to laugh again.