Patrick Comes Over

Work was uneventful today. I figured I needed to stop blowing it off so I could actually keep the job.

I walked down the hall towards my apartment door. I check my phone messages, hoping to see a message from a specific person. None.

It's been a week since I've seen him and I think my depression is getting worse. My medication hardly works, even when I do take it.

Sighing, I looked up from my phone and unlocked my door.

"Hey."

I looked up. Patrick was standing right next to me. I hadn't even heard him walking. He smiled at me.

"Hey," I said back.

"How was work?"

I shrugged. How did he know I was coming home from work?

"Would it be totally weird for me to ask for me to take a picture of you?" I asked.

"Um, yes?" He giggled. "I don't like taking pictures."

"Why not?" I didn't really need to know, mainly because I don't really like having pictures taken of me either.

"Because I don't like my face." He laughed again.

"You don't like your hair, you don't like your face...?"

"Yep."

I opened my door and lead him inside. "So, who attacked you the other day?"

Patrick sighed and sat down on my couch. "I told you, some guy that doesn't like me."

"Why doesn't he like you?" I tossed my keys down and sat next to him.

"Who does?"

I shrugged. "You don't seem so bad to me."

"Yeah, well, you don't know me."

"Well, I kinda do. Who's the guy anyhow? What's his name?"

"His name?" Patrick leant back and closed his eyes. "He doesn't have a name."

"Well he must have a name." Who doesn't have a name?

"He might, I just haven't given him one."

I ignored him. I'm not going to stress out while trying to figure out his riddles. "Where do you live?"

"Dude, why so many questions?" He opened his eyes and sat up.

I shrugged, "I'm just trying to get to know you better."

"Well, let me ask you some questions then."

"Okay."

"Why are you bummed out all the time?"

"What?" I laughed. This is only the third time we've met. How would he know if I'm bummed or not?

"You seem like you're always bummed."

"Um, well.." Should I tell him about my depression? Might as well, he seems to already know that I'm not really all that happy. "I have depression." I said quietly.

"Isn't there pills for that?"

"Pills don't fix everything. And just because there's pills for something doesn't mean that they always work." I said a little too sharply.

He put his hands up. "Okay. So why are you depressed?"

"Look, the questions I ask you aren't this personal."

He looked at me for awhile. "I see this is a touchy subject for you."

"Uh, yeah." Isn't it a touchy subject for everyone who has it?

"Look, Pete, I don't mean to offend you or make you angry with me. I'm just asking."

"Yeah, everyone just asks but they don't understand that just asking isn't just asking to people who know what it's like to have depression."

"How do we know if we don't have it and the people who do don't answer our questions?" He raised an eyebrow. "Okay, whatever. Let's just talk about something else then."

"Like what?"

"Like how I'm taking you out for supper tonight."

A/N
So, do you guys believe that Patrick is real? Or are you questioning if he's actually there? Anyone get my metaphor with the guy who doesn't like Patrick?

Okay, I'll stop asking questions now. I just want to know what you're thinking about this fic. Comment your suspicions and theories please :) I'm really interested in knowing how other people view this.