Bringing Patrick Home

I ran around to the front of the car and knelt beside him. I tried not to lean on the ground because there were a bunch of pieces of broken glass.

"Patrick? What happened?"

"Just.. Get me out of here, Pete." He said through gritted teeth.

I helped him up and got him in the passenger seat. Then I ran around and got in.

"Jesus, man, there's blood everywhere. What happened?"

He took a few strained breaths and leaned his head against the window. "I was attacked."

I started driving to the hospital. "Where, when, what did they want?"

"Too many questions at once, Pete." He mumbled.

It became quiet in the car and I noticed I had blood all over my hands. Either it was his or I accidentally got cut from the glass on the ground.

"Where are we going?" Patrick asked suddenly.

"The hospital, where else?"

"No. No hospital, take me back to your place."

"Dude, we have to get you to the hospital."

"No."

I sighed and started heading in the direction of my place. "Why were you attacked?"

"This guy that I don't get along with sent his goons on me."

"Why, do you owe him money?"

"No, he's just mad at me."

"Why?"

He glared at me for a second, "we've all got faults, Pete. Don't be judging me."

"I'm not, just, what's he mad at you for?"

"Nothing.." He looked out the window again and I got the feeling that that was the end of conversation.

Finally, we got to my place and I helped him inside. I pulled him straight to the bathroom to wash him up.

"Nice place," he said as I cleaned the dried and fresh blood off of his hands.

"Thanks." I got the first aid kit out.

I wrapped his hands up with some bandages and didn't dare ask how he could have gotten those kind of cuts from an attack. Then I wiped the blood from his face with a wash cloth.

"Boy, you sure know how to take care for someone," he grinned while I washed his cheek.

"Shut up, Patrick."

"So demanding."

I finished and shook my head at him. I tossed the cloth in the laundry and put my first aid kit away.

"Thanks." He finally said something sincere.

I cleared my throat, "yeah, don't mention it."

We went out to my living room and sat down. Both of us unsure of what to say.

"You live alone?"

I nodded, "yeah."

"No, girlfriend or boyfriend?"

"Nope."

"Which of those would it have been, by the way?"

I laughed. "You're very subtle."

He shrugged, "answer the question."

"I don't know.. I'm not really attracted to either gender."

"Oh."

"How about you?"

He blushed, "either."

I smiled to tell him that that's okay. I don't mind people's sexuality.

"If you ever decide, could you maybe mention it to me?"

I smiled awkwardly, "sure." Does he like me?

We sat in silence for awhile. I couldn't help but look at him now. After what he said, I started to wonder if I liked guys.

His eyes were closed and his head was lent back on the couch. His neck was stretched from his head being in the position it was. I could see his chest rising and falling as he breathed. My gaze went down even further to his lap. Suddenly, I knew that whether or not I liked guys or girls, I liked Patrick.

I looked away before he could see me checking him out. The sight of his crotch was still playing in my mind.

"Pete?"

"Yeah?" I bit my lip.

"I'm just going to sleep, if that's alright?"

"Yeah sure." I got up and went to my room. I felt like laying down as well.