No One Believes in Patrick

"Hey, Pete. How're you feeling?"

"Peachy."

Bren and Joe must've told Andy what they thought happened. I'm too tired of trying to explain, I just won't even answer their questions anymore.

I fiddled with the phone cord. It was ancient but I didn't feel like buying a new home phone.

"So, uh. Wanna go out for lunch? I asked Joe but he's working today." He asked.

"Sure."

There was another awkward silence.

"Hey.. C-can I tell you something?"

"Sure, Andy, you can always talk to me about anything."

"Okay, well.. Um. I don't know how to say this..."

"Take your time." Now I was completely curious about what was on Andy's mind.

"Well, so to start with.. I'm into guys."

I could hear that he had taken a breath and hadn't let it out yet. He must not know how obvious he was.

"Andy, I could've told you that. Heck, even Brendon could've."

"W-what?"

"Dude, it's totally cool with us. You don't need to worry about that."

"What about J-joe?"

"What about him?"

There was a pause on the other end. Was Bren right about them?

"Is it cool w- I mean.. Would he be okay with that?"

"I don't know, I guess. Why?" I smiled and bit my lip. I'm pretty sure he likes him.

"He's my bestfriend.. I wouldn't want something like this..."

"You're crushing on him. Aren't you?"

"What?!"

I could literally sense that he was blushing. "Dude, you so are!"

"Okay, just shut up about it." He said quietly.

"Andy and Joe sitting in a tree.."

"Pete, I swear.."

"Okay, okay.." I smiled and we settled into another silence.

"I'll see you at lunch then. The usual restaurant?" I asked.

"Yeah, sounds good."

~~~

"So, that's how you got cut up?" Andy asked me.

"Yeah," I sighed. I just finished telling him everything that's happened.

"Well, there's an obvious solution. Just show Bren and Joe the texts from Patrick."

Of course! Why didn't I think to do that?! Surely they'd believe me then!

"Andy, you're a genius," I grinned.

He shrugged and moved his food around on his plate.

I got my phone out and went to my messages to show him my conversation with Patrick. I felt like I needed to prove it to him. To anyone. Just so someone is on my side. I scroll through my texts but I don't see our conversation thread.

"What the hell?"

"What?" Andy looked at me.

"I can't find the conversation thread."

"Dude, did you delete it?"

"I don't remember deleting it.."

He sighed, "well, then the next time you see him, take a picture or something."

Would I see him again? I sure hope so. I kind of got the feeling that Andy didn't believe in Patrick. Just like Brendon and Joe.

"What if they think I just took a picture with some random guy?"

Andy dropped his silverware and sighed, "I don't know, Pete. Just.. Skype Brendon while Patrick's next to you."

"That'd be weird. I mean, what if Patrick thinks I'm a creep for wanting him to be in a Skype to one of my friends?"

"Pete, I. Don't. Know." Andy said slowly.

I stayed quiet. Andy's never lost his temper and I think he might be right now.

We stared at our food in silence for about five minutes before he spoke again.

"Look, if you can't prove Patrick to be real, would it really be that bad to just lie and say it must've been a dream?"

"How would I explain the cuts on my wrists?"

He sighed again. "I don't know."

A/N
Is anyone really reading this? I mean, would you be devastated if I officially call it On Hold?