Looking into his son's eyes he couldn't help, but be reminded of his mother. They both shared the same blue eyes he would give anything to see them on her smiling face again. Alex wished that Aiden would grow up knowing his mother and it broke his heart knowing that Aiden may never get to experience the love that comes from a mother.

"Aiden you ready to get out?" Aiden looked at his father then back to the bath which was starting to get cold. He nodded his little head lifting up his arms to be taken out. Alex grabbed Aiden fluffy blue towel warping it around him as he carried Aiden to his room. Aiden stood in the middle of the room as his father collected his clothes for bed time.

"Come here Aiden." Alex sat on the bed and dressed him in his blue Thomas the tank engine pyjamas.

"Alright Aiden lets go downstairs." As they both walked downstairs the doorbell rang and Alex smiled with the fact that Damien came early so he could get ready.

"Uncle Dam." Aiden shouted trying to jump from Alex's arms into Damien's when they both answered the door. Damien chuckled at the hyper boy as he took him from his brother as he stepped into his house.

"Thanks for coming." Damien looked at his brother to see he hadn't even started to get ready.

"You better start getting ready Alex. Don't worry I got little man here." Damien tickled Aiden's stomach causing the child to erupt into giggles.

"Ok." Alex rushed upstairs to take a shower and get ready for this date he wasn't really looking forwards to. He had to admit Andria's friend was the perfect assistant for Philip. When he first saw the scrawny kid he had his doubts, but the moment he started working he could see why the kid was amazing.

After his shower Alex got dressed in black pants and a blue button down shirt. He rolled up his sleeves grabbing a jacket from his closet.

Damien was sitting on the lounge watching as Aiden played with his cars. Looking around the house he knew if his mother or sister were here they would go off their heads at the state the house was in. There wasn't dirty clothes or dishes around the place, but toys were scattered from one end of the house to the other and Damien wasn't sure he wanted to see what upstairs looked like.

Damien knew his brother was trying his best, but it still hurt to think about the fact that his younger brother doesn't know what the definition of fun is anymore. Everyone noticed a change in Alex after Aiden was born. He became more serious and more closed off to everyone else.

Within the first few months he didn't talk to anyone until we forced our way over here. Damien remembered when mum walked in and almost cried when she saw Alex sitting on the couch surrounded by clothes, bottles and nappies. With Aiden in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other. He remembered his mother taking Aiden while he took Alex into a nice cold shower. After that Alex became better, but still struggled during the first few months of Aiden's life especially when he had to go back to work.

"Damien, dinner has been cooked. Aiden hasn't had anything to eat yet so if you could give him dinner and a bottle of milk before he goes to bed." Damien looked at his younger brother who was coming down the stairs while putting on his watch.

"Alex come here you dag." Alex walked over to his brother who rolled down his sleeves while fixing up his hair.

"You need a haircut man." Alex rolled his eyes while his brother fixed him up like a mother hen.

"You're just as bad as mum." Alex took a step away from his brother before fixing up his hair the way he liked it.

"Alright so Aiden's bed time is around 7:30 normally he hasn't been going to bed so just put him in his room and close the door until he goes to sleep. Make sure he keep his door open once he has gone to sleep because he sometimes likes to get up during the night and jump into my bed." Damien smiled at his brother as Alex went off ticking his mental checklist of things he needed to tell his brother.