"Okay everybody listen up!" Four started up. "Your self assessments begin after break. Meet back here at twelve thirty exactly! In these personal assessments both Eric and I will on look your performance. There will be four parts to this assessment. Part one; immobile knife casting, this is where you will throw knifes at immobile targets, just like in training. Part two; mobile knife casting, this is where you will be throwing knives at moving targets, also practiced in training. Part three; immobile gun fire, this is where you will shoot immobile targets, also, just like in training and part four; mobile gun fire, where you will be shooting moving targets" he finished. 

"As well as carrying out this physical assessment we will also ask you questions" Eric announced loudly. 

"What kind of questions?" someone in the crowd asked smartly. 

"Questions involving knives, ammunition, guns, and execution of techniques" he said, seeming very bored. 

After lunch I headed straight back to the Training Arena with Amy, Matisse, Tess, Molly and Emma. Tess didn't speak much a lunch, but I sat next to her and comforted her. I don't think it helped. But I guess if it were me who knew there was nothing I could do... I would probably feel like digging a whole and dying in it. I guess that was basically the same as living Factionless. 

Once we had all arrived in the Training Arena, Four walked us over to a big room where the assessments were going to take place. He then told us to wait outside. We waited outside the doors of the assessment room for a few minutes before Eric began collecting us one by one. 

They seemed to be calling us out in order of the present rankings. So that meant I was fourth. 

"Eliza" Eric said emotionlessly. Although, that's what he sounded like most of the time. 

It was only when I entered the room with only one person by my side I came to realise how big and scary it was. I was definitely worried, but I kept trying to tell myself not to be. That didn't work. But that's how I dealt with problems. Get too worked up about them. 

Four was standing near a row of green targets. Eric and I approached him. 

"Eliza. Welcome to Part One of your assessment" Four introduced. 

"Take five knives" Eric then instructed. 

I did as I was told. I was extremely nervous for this bit of the assessment. And I knew the mobile knife throwing would be even harder. 

"Eliza. Please show us the stance you would use to throw a knife at an immobile subject" Eric then asked. 

I separated my feet and stood on a slight angle, facing my preferred side. 

"Good. Now hit the target where the number one is shown" Four instructed. 

I looked at my target. Number one was written on it's head. I aimed and threw. 

My knife stabbed the targets stomach. 

"Well that was crap" Eric laughed. 

"Don't worry Eliza, go again" Four instructed again. 

I glared at Eric before I threw the knife at the target again. This time it hit the head. So I turned back to Eric and smiled. This time, he was the one glaring. 

The rest of my knives didn't hit where they were meant to hit but they were close enough. So far, no questions had been asked. But every time after I threw a knife Eric didn't look too pleased. He started looking at me pathetically again. Which I didn't like one bit.