"Now this! Is still a child."
Reaching over and pinching Jimin's cute cheeks, Jimin couldn't help but laugh at his aunt's sense of humor.

"Does he look like he just came out
of a womb? No-"

"Yes."

Jung and Sohyun answers directly while eating their food. Sighing and looking over to her son, Jimin shrugs innocently and continues to devour his sitting dish. As the night got quiet, the sounds of chopsticks moving and crickets chirping was all to be heard. Living in the suburbs the cities cries hardly echo through their neighborhood. It was a good 30 minute drive if they want to reach the urban area, but other than that, Aeri's excuse for them to live in the outer area was: "I like the maroon colored rooftop and garden blooming in my cubic in the backyard besides the pond." Not saying that the others didn't like the suburbs, but they'd like to be walking distance from their local grocery stores. Not 40 minutes away.

'This is it,'

Jimin thought. Everyone was doing their own thing. Perfect.

'Now's the time.'

Clearing his throat and shifting a bit in his seat, Jimin reaches inside of his pants pocket and pulls out the crumpled envelope. "What do you have there Jimin?" Sohyun questions as she sees it. Feeling his stomach churn, everyone's eyes turned on him. Mouth going dry, Jimin slowly sets the envelope onto the middle of the table. "Hmm? What's this?" his mother asks while reaching for the letter across the table.

"I-I've been accepted into Seoul's Greatest Hits.."

With wide eyes and jaws dropping, Jimin's mother instantly drops the letter back down on the table. Rage filled her eyes. "SERIOUS?! CONGRATULATIONS!!" Sohyun screams in pure happiness. "What in the world are you thinking Jimin?" Jung's sudden remark surprised Sohyun. "Why are you upset? It's his dream career and he got it! He out of the thousands of applicants that applied and tried out, he MADE IT IN!" Sohyun defends.

"What did I tell you? I told you, you can't be a dancer! I told you that your dreams need to be more realistic! Not dance your whole life out!" Jimin's mother says while looking at Jimin straight in the eye, upset.

"Why? Tell me why I can't become a dancer?! It's my dream choice, not yours! I do what I want to become successful! Just because you never got to fulfill your dreams does not mean I need to do it for you!"

Angered at his mom and Aunt Jung, on the verge of tears Jimin gets up in anguish from the table and snatches the envelope off the table. "Jimin!" Jung yells after him as he storms up the stairs towards his room. "What the hell you guys!" Sohyun shouts, infuriated with her sisters.

Slamming his door shut, Jimin's tears ran down his face uncontrollably. Besides the sound of his own whimpers, his mother and aunt's voices are overlapping one another's to discuss the sensitive topic down below.
Of course his mom would say no. Of course she wouldn't support him.
She only wants him to do what she likes, not what he loves. His whole body went numb and the negative thoughts came back. Jimin felt hopeless. So hopeless. He felt emptiness, sadness, yet nothing. It was like a black hole consuming him from the inside out, he had no way of stopping it nor preventing it from taking him. He wanted it to consume him. Turning around, locking his door, Jimin threw the envelope onto his table and crawls into bed. Shutting off his lamp besides him, Jimin continues crying himself to sleep. This was what he has been doing closely every night now. "Dad.. I miss you.. Why did you have to leave us so soon?" Trying to hold back his cries, Jimin cuffs both hands around his mouth so that no one could hear his sufferings. This continues on for ten minutes until he pulls the covers over his head to make his space smaller. Hyperventilating, Jimin shuts his eyes trying to get his mind off of the heated situation that just occurred. Thoughts, dreamy thoughts started going through his mind. White, trees, a river, a house, a hammock, a family, a garden. What seemed like 20 minutes of nothing but darkness, Jimin slowly drifted to sleep.

------------------------------------------

"CAW! CAW!"

Waking up to the sounds of crows hovering above him, Jimin immediately opens his eyes. Lying on gravel ground, he instantly stands up on both feet, startled. Looking around his surroundings, he knew something was wrong. This wasn't his bed. This wasn't his home. Why is he in the middle of a forest? Why is everything so dark? What exactly is going on?

TBC