11: When The Rain Clears

Start from the beginning

His reaction was immediate. He went still just outside the porch's cover and narrowed his eyes in my direction. I could see his anger at my reaction but I couldn't seem to think of anything else to do. I was overwhelmed by all of the emotions and thoughts going on in my head. He wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't even supposed to want to come back here, let alone see me again.

He'd acted so distant during his time at the house. Every time we were alone he acted like he hated my very being. Other times he seemed like he had a hard time keeping away from me. Nothing about him made any sense and as noticed him moving towards me again, an indefinable fear came over me.

What did he want from me? Why was he here? Where had he been? Why did I feel so conflicted about him all the time? All these questions were beating back the longing in my chest and I felt bit by bit of my fear start to give way. Why was I scared of him anyhow? I'd tangled with the likes of him before. Hell, I'd tangled with worse. What was one werewolf compared to any of them?

They weren't Seth.

I scowled at my own brain's answer. It wasn't helping me, not at all. Straightening my back, I forced myself eyes to meet his. He was still staring at me with those beautiful hazel eyes, narrowed in annoyance, the entire time. I faulted in my confidence a little and he halted his advancement again. I could see his jaw lock and his teeth gritting behind his thinned lips. The rain was still falling around us but I didn't feel it anymore. All I felt was the heat of his stare.

"Don't," He growled out suddenly, making me jump, "Don't move away from me."

"I—"

"Don't," He repeated before moving towards me one final time.

His eyes didn't move off of mine as he advanced and only stopped when he was only a few inches away from me. I had to crane my head back to keep eye contact and squinted as rain continued to pelt my face. Seth was ridged as well. His whole body radiated tension and I peeked down to see his hands were curled into fists. My breathing picked up at his closeness.

I could smell him, even through the rain. If anything I could smell him more like this. He smelled so earthy, it made my mouth water. I flinched when I saw one of his fisted hands lift up towards my face and he hesitated to touch me. I pursed my lips and closed my eyes as the tension became almost too much to bear. I gasped a little when I felt his fingertips under my chin. My breathing was becoming shorter and sharper the longer he touched me and when the pad of his thumb caressed my lower lip, I couldn't stay silent anymore.

I opened my eyes and looked right into his as I breathed out one word, "Seth..."

It was all that needed to be said.

His eyes flashed yellow for a second before his hands gripped my face tightly in their grip. I opened my mouth to ask him what he was doing but he muffled my question with his lips. Shocks moved across my skin, heating my cold flesh and giving me goosebumps of another kind. I let out a sharp cry when his teeth dug into my lower lip but he took that as an opportunity to sweep his tongue into my mouth.

I'd never been kissed like this. I'd never felt like this. I'd never even felt anything close enough to compare but at the same time it all felt so...instinctual. Like I had done this a million times before and would do it a million times more. Seth got another yelp out of me when he suddenly crouched down and grabbed the back of my thighs to lift me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and felt heat pool in my lower belly at the pure masculinity rolling off him.

I was too lost in the kiss to even realize we were moving. I gripped the back of his shirt in my hands and pulled my head back to gasp at the feel of him moving against me. I wasn't used to the heat in my lower stomach, or the desperation growing in my chest. I wanted him to touch me all over and I wanted him to do it now. His lips were on my neck, nipping and sucking on the pale flesh as he moved us back towards the house. My hands dug into the soaking dark strands of his hair and held his face against my neck. I shivered when his teeth slide against the pulse in my neck and arched against him.