Why Me?

Rain's POV:
   I was awoken by yelling downstairs. I got dressed and headed down. I saw Harry and Ron.
" Will you two just shut up?! I was trying to sleep!"
Harry looks up at me.
" Sorry Rain."
I just went down to the hall. I was starving. Tomorrow's the full moon. I'll have to be careful around my guy friends. Remus will be protective if any guy hugs me or calls me something like sweetie. And I'll snap at any girl who tries to flirt with Remus.
Hermione sat down next to me holding Crookshanks and Tiny. She handed Tiny to me.
" Tiny refused to go anywhere without Crookshanks."
I laugh at her while feeding the small kitten. I see Remus enter. He looks at us with confusion.
" And why are you two up so early?"
" Harry and Ron were fighting in the Common Room."
" Why do you have both Crookshanks and Tiny?"
" Well it turns out Tiny won't go anywhere without here father. I'm still so proud of him. He's got a daddy's girl. Don't you think so Professor?"
" Yes I do agree Hermione."
We laughed. Remus went up to the Staff Table as more students came in. He kept his eye on the boys around me. Every time one of them even touched me he'd stiffen. I smile at him to calm him down. It works a little.
I start to pale during Transfiguration. McGonagall seems to notice. She looks at me with concern but I wave telling her I'm fine. I start to feel a little sick. I pale even more. It's only because I'm not with Remus. Hermione notices it. After class she tells McGonagall what's wrong. She tells us to go and we do. I feel less sick the closer we get to him. When I see his classroom doors open students rush out. When they're all gone Hermione takes me over to him.
" Rain! What's wrong?"
" It seems that because of the full moon tomorrow she has to be with you. Do you mind if she stays with you tonight?"
" No of course not. You're welcome to sleep on my couch since were basically a pack. We can even make my chambers into a pack room."
" That's a great idea Professor. Rain what do you think?"
" I like the idea. And I can answer for myself Hermione."
" I know I just like answering questions."
I threw a quill at her. She gasps I mock betrayal. I laugh at her. She laughs back. Remus even joins in.
After dinner we went down to Remus' chamber. We all took turns changing in the bathroom. After that Remus gave Hermione a blanket. She goes to the couch and falls asleep. I soon fall asleep curled into Remus.
   I heard an ear-piercing scream. My body jolted up as did Remus' and Hermione's. I quickly got dressed. We all ran towards the scream. Hermione and I shift to our animagus wolf forms. We continue running with Remus at our side.
   When we reached where the scream was Hermione and I shifted back. The three of us hadn't even broken a sweat. I looked down to see a small first year Gryfindor girl. I watched Remus kneels next to the child. I twitched a little.
  " What's wrong Lucy?"
  " There w-was a m-man. W-with the D-Dark M-Mark. He s-stood right th-there. He h-held his w-wand t-to me."
   The teachers step back in fear. Every teacher is here but Moody. I growl loudly causing everyone but Remus and Hermione. They look at me.
  " Sorry. It's just tonight. Moon. That stuff."
  " Remus why are these two out of bed and with you?"
   We turned to McGonagall. All the teachers were looking at us.
  " Why they were with me?"
  " Yes. Why were they with you?"
   I stepped in.
  " You know why Hermione had to take me out of class earlier? It's because tonight is the full moon and I was far from Remus. My mate. Hermione was there because we're a pack. Remus will become an animagus so we can all shift at will. I was born an animagus."
  " Very well. Who is your leader?"
  " Remus of course. We're planing on making a pack room for the three of..."
   I was hit by some spell and I flew into Remus. Everyone turned to the direction of the spell. I got up and walked in front of everyone. I heard a slight whisper.
  " Crucio."
   My eyes widen.
  " Everyone move! Grab the girl. Hermione stay!"
   Everyone did as I said just before I got hit by the Cruciatus curse. I screamed and fell in pain. I tried to fight it but I couldn't. I just screamed.
   Remus tried to run to me but Hermione shifted and held him back. I get up slowly. Pain still shot through my body. I grabbed my wand.
  " Lumos."
   The hallway lit up. I saw someone tall. His tongue shot out of his mouth and to his top lip. It's Barty's son. He runs. I try to go after him but I fall down. Everything becomes distant. Then black.
   I wake up to Remus shouting at McGonagall.
  " How could you let her do this! She's a fourth year, let alone my mate! She isn't strong enough! She could've died. She might've lost her memories!"
  " Remus. You need to calm down. Miss Granger said she fought the curse. And tried to go after her attacker."
  " And what would I do of I lost her?! I can't live without her! You should've helped her! Hermione, you should've as well!"
   I spoke up to defend her.
  " It's my fault Remus. I should've been smarter. I'm stronger that her so she listened to me."
   All three of them ran over to me. Remus got to me first. He gave me a hug. I felt tears fall down my face.
  " Shh. Don't cry Rain. It's alright."
   I nodded and he moved. I looked at the time. It's after classes.
  " When did you and Hermione get here?"
  " They refused to leave your side Miss Black."
   We all turned to the door. Dumbledore walked in. He walked towards me. He got a little to close for Remus' comfort. Remus may or may not have growled at him.
  " Did you see the attacker? Miss Granger said you lit up the hall."
  " It was Barty Crouch Jr."
   He nods.
  " We need to go to the shack now. Remus can you help Rain?"
  " Sure. Come on Rain."
   He helped me up. We walked outside and to the willow. Hermione knows that sometimes we can't control ourselves on the full moon. Or anytime.
   Because the moonrise was early we shifted quicker. All the pain made me pass out. Why does this always happen to me?
   When I came to I was back in the Hospital Wing. 
  " What happened?"
   Remus turned to face me.
  " You passed out during the shift. I think because of all the pain. When you shifted back you were screaming."
   I thought back to last night. I thought of one of Seth's beatings.
  " I had a memory of one of Seth's beatings."