A Sleepy Stranger

I walked out from my hiding place underneath the blueberry bushes. I have hidden there for at least an hour or more. I walked over to the big lump in the grass that had frightened me earlier. I had just been picking blueberries when something or someone ran out of the trees all the sudden. I immediately hid in the bushes seeing as this part of the forest was only for the royal family to eat from.

I continued walking towards it even more carefully than before, afraid it was a guard waiting to ambush anyone stealing from the king, or in this case, me. As it turns out the lump in the grass is someone, but not a guard, it's a girl. A girl? Yep, a girl. Even though I have not once seen a girl this far into the woods, I could tell by the long hair and soft refined face, that the someone was most definitely a girl. She just lay there in the grass, and by the looks of it, asleep. She has blonde hair and pale skin as a sign of barely any sunshine. Her dress is ripped and had mud stains. There is no sign of color on them other than brown. A sign of wealth.

A sigh of relief flew out of my lungs. She was rich, which meant that she was bratty. I highly disliked bratty kids, at least she wasn't a soldier. She looked harmless enough, but I wasn't about to take my chances. She was probably a rich, spoiled little rich brat. So why help her? I turned around and took a few steps toward the way I had came. When I saw movement from where she lay.

All the sudden I remembered what Madame Golda had said when I had taken a girls doll.(she was a very annoying girl in my defense)"Jack, not all girls may act as ladies, but it is always your job to act as a gentlemen." I walked back and sat down. I sat there thinking of what to do while I was waiting. I looked at my sack that I had thrown on the ground. I dug out my lunch and started to eat, waiting for her to wake up.