Chapter Ten

At a hotel where it was a hundred dollars each week to stay in a room, Rita walked in the hall way with her thoughts in order. It was true that she has not faced with her brother for some time but that didn't mean that she did not check up with him. She knew that he had a girlfriend as well as a sucessful career. Once a month he would try to cpontact with her but she try to ignore it for his own good. She wanted to cut off all ties to make sure no one would get hurt from her. She sighed as she stepped in front of room forty nine. She checked her watch for the time then knocked three times. 

Her brother opened the door and his eyes widened with surprise, "Rita." 

She smiled, "Good evening Zach am I interrupting something?" 

He shook his head, "No not at all," he opened the door for her to come in. He looked at the time, "Do you want a drink or somthing?" 

Rita smiled, "Polite as always," she commented then eyed the kitchen where it looked the part as a human, "So your girlfriend does not know you are a vampire yet....." 

Zach sat down on his couch right beside her, "Yes I think she is not ready for it yet I actually think it won't last long." 

Rita sighed, "Well that is for the best right or at least for now." 

Zach agreed, "For now I just want to relax and make sure that no one blows my cover when ever I go out."

"For your human life," she added. 

"Of course," he said and then sat up, "So my dear sister what do you have on this case?" that was her brother, to the point whenever possible. 

"What does the government think?" 

"They think there is a rogue group that wants to scare the humans for their life." Zach said, "What do you think?" 

"Does the government know what the city is dealing with?" Rita turned to him and he shrugged. 

"They might but I know that they are different to do this kind of work."

"So you don't know?" Rita saw the confused expression on his face, "The monsters who are doing this kind of job are Mercy. They have been doing this for quite some time and I think it's a traditional kind." 

Zach clenched his teeth, "Mercy's are in the city since when?" he hissed. 

"I think they have been here for quite awhile but the government has been covering them until now." 

"What are you serious?" Zach shook his head but then slumped against the couch, "That does make sense since they seem to be unaffected about this kind of crime." 

"They are supposed to be used to this kind of thing." 

"Yeah but when they saw the pictures they didn't even flinch," Zach sighed, "I don't know what is going to happen." 

"That makes the two of us," Rita sighed. 

Zach turned to her, "What do you mean?" 

Rita told him about her visions about her neighbors along with the chat she had with an ex lover.

"Tucker came to you?!" Zach had worried in his eyes, "Did you do something to you?" 

"He only made me see what might happen." she explained. 

"And?" 

"I saw myself falling for him again and we were alone." she said. 

"That is not going to happen," Zach said, "After what he did to you." 

"I know but I can't change it," she said, "It might happen soon." 

"Why do you say that?" Zach asked. 

"Because the next few visions after wards I was turning one of my neighbors in to a vampire." 

"Even if that does happen you can only control the present with whatever you have," Zach said. 

"Aiden doesn't know that he met with me," Rita said. 

"Good the last time he saw Tucker he picked a fight with him." Zach smiled as he remembered the time. 

"That wasn't pleasant," she shot at him, "I had to pull them apart before they torn the resturaunt apart." 

"Well Tucker shouldn't have forced you in to that deep kiss in front of us." he hissed. 

"It couldn't be helped," Rita shuddered, "He is my life partner." 

"You don't know that!" Zach said. 

"I actually do," she said and turned her back to him and lifted her shirt. On her back were markings of a vampire partner when they have officially met, "I've had this for quite some time." 

"Things can change," Zach hissed. 

"Not this," she said as she put her shirt down, "I know how this might end this might not going to be in our likings." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I assume you know the location of where this group is?" 

Zach gulped down, "I got the location this morning." 

"Well you are going to have to give it to me so that I can deal with this on how it is supposed to end." 

"And what is that suppose ending?" Zach asked. 

"It has begun," she randomly said and a tear came down her cheek. 

"What begun?" 

"The group has found their targets but this time I won't let them continue." Rita was hiding her fave but Zach pulled face up and saw the anger and hate in her eyes, "I'm sorry Zach but I won't need that location any more," her fangs were now out as she spoke, "I know what to do." she got up and was teleporting herslef to the Widely's apartment at once. 

Zach watched his sister go and he slammed his hand in to the couch feeling completely useless, "It wasn't your fault," he breathed and turned to the family file. He has been looking in to it for a long time and he could never understand why their parents would tell their own daughter to not heal them. There had to be another plan because their bodies were never found. He closed the file and looked over to the family photo at the time when they were all smiling. A time that was like a dream a thousand years ago.