Chapter One

Enjoy

Katelyn POV

Six Years Later

"Holden, when are you gonna move out" He gave me a look. "I should be asking you the same question. You are older than me ya know."

He's right. I am now 24 years old, but I decided to move in with Holden and my parents. It was easier this way. My mommy can take care of me. "Yeah yeah." Holden scampered off and went to his room.

"Guys it's time for dinner!" My mom yelled. I ran down the steps and pushed Holden down. "Are you guys five years old?" My dad said. I shrugged and sat at the diner table. "So, how's college going Holden, you've only got two more years, then you'll have your bachelors like your sister."

He sighed, "It's going. I doing good in all my classes." My mom smiled and nodded. "How are you Katelyn, how's your art going?" I smiled, "My studio is doing better than ever." My dad cut in, "Ever since you won that award, people have been dying to see your work." I nodded.

We had these talks at dinner. "How are you doings" and "are you okays". It was quite boring, but we could help each other if one of us was down. It was more aimed at Holden and I. My parents worked their problems out among themselves. "I know you don't like to talk about this Katelyn." Oh here we go.

I sighed and looked at my mom. "Have you talked to him?" I put my head down. As in him, she meant Kendall. Kendall and I haven't talked at all in six years. It was all going great, but then he changed, I changed and we didn't fit anymore. I haven't even attempted to call him. He offered to give me half of his money, but I declined. I didn't want anymore reminders of Kendall. 

"No mom. I haven't talked to him in six years." She put her fork down. "Don't you think you should check up on him?" I shook my head, "Never, will I do that." She sighed, "Ok then." I helped clean up dinner and then I went upstairs. I needed to prepare for my art showing at my studio. 300 people were expected to show up and I needed to be prepared.

I contact all the people that were putting it together and made a blue print were all the paintings were going. The master pieces were going to be by the entrances ready to be sold. The other paintings would be along the way. I decided to take a break and watch TV.

I sat my planner down and went to lay in the bed. I turned on the TV and the news was on. I was about to turn it until it said something that caught my eye. "Billionaire Kyle Schmidt is disowning his own son?!" The news said. I sat up, "What the?" 

"Kyle Schmidt says that his son is not fit for the business, but Brad Schmidt is, Kendall Schmidt's cousin." Oh no. This is not good. I know Kendall was trying to make his relationship better with his dad, but it looks like it's going terrible now.

Maybe I should call him, to see how he's doing. He probably has no one on his side. "Why do I have to be so nice." I hate that I'm such a nice person, but it's the right thing to call Kendall. "Ugh." I picked up my phone and dialed his phone number. There were a couple of rings.

"Hello?" Wow, I didn't expect him to pick up. His voice was much deeper. "Kendall?" His breathing went silent. "Katelyn?" I sighed, "Yeah, it's me." There was a scratching noise. "Why did you call me?" I sat down, "Because I heard about what your father is doing to you." He sighed, "That is none of your business Katelyn."

"It was on the news Kendall."

"I know, I know. You know my relationship with my father isn't the best, or it's even non existent."

"L-Let me help you." He laughed, "You wanna help me?" I sighed, "Yes." It was his turn to sigh now. "Ok, then." I got up, "Meet me tomorrow at the art studio on Hawkins Street. My event is there and we can just meet there." 

"Ok, can I come to the event?" I chuckled, "If you'll show up this time." He chuckled, "Yeah I will, I'll um, see you tomorrow, thanks for the call. Really." I smiled, "You're welcome, the event is at 7." 

"Alright." He hung up. "Well that went ok." I put on my PJ's and went to bed. 

******

"Katelyn!" My brother jumped on me up and down. "Mom made breakfast before you go to our art studio." I pushed him off the bed and he made an 'oof' noise. I got up and took a shower. I went downstairs and ate the breakfast Mom made. "Thanks Mom." She kissed my forehead, "You're welcome, I'm about to go to work I'll see you later." She went out, "Bye kids," my dad said following behind her. "Well I'm going to school big sis, I'll see you later." He gave me a hug and walked out the door.

"It's just me, alone here. I have to start getting ready for the event anyway." I put my dishes in the sink and drove to my studio. I started checking off everything and making sure things were in the right place. I put out chairs and worked on presentations. I put lights above the paintings. 

"Ok, we're ready to go."

Fast Forward To 7:00

"Thanks for coming," I said as I handed out programs to the people. "Thanks for-." I said until I looked up and saw who is was.

"Kendall." He smiled down at me. He looked so different than he did six years ago. He had a beard and his hair grew a little more. "Hi Katelyn." His voice was much deeper in person. "Uh hi." I pulled him in for a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever." We pulled away.

"I know right," he said. "You seem to be doing just fine though." I nodded. "Well, come on in." He stepped and looked around, "Wow, you did all these paintings?" I nodded. "You have talent Katelyn." I smiled, "Thanks."

"Well you can sit down, and watch my presentation." He nodded and sat in the third row.

"Hello everyone, it's an honor for you all to come."

******

"Thanks for coming, bye now." The last person was heading out. "You had a great turn out." I turned around and saw Kendall. "Yeah, I'm glad." His smile faded. "So, how are you gonna help me?" I sighed. "We can try talking to your father." He rolled his eyes, "That's not going to work." 

"I can try to make it work." He nodded and put his hands up, "Ok, you can try, I'll let you try." I smiled, "Cool, we can talk to him tomorrow." He nodded, "Ok. That works for me, I'll see you tomorrow."

He was walking out the door until he stopped, "You know, I still hate you." Here we go. "Yeah, I hate you too." He laughed, "It was good seeing you again." He gave me another hug and walked out.

There was a reason Kendall and I divorced. He wasn't the same person, I think he actually got nicer. No that person is still inside of Kendall. I will not make the same mistake.

Hey guys, what's up? What'd you think? This chapter is  kind of long because I wanted to introduce Kendall in the first chapter. I hope you guys like it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL