6: The First Sign (Coco)

I frown, watching the elk disappear into the forest.
I look at Luke, whose face is contorted with rage. "I almost had it! Did you see that, Raven?! I almost..."

But I'm not listening anymore. I'm looking down at my necklace, which is pulsing and glowing as if it's... alive. "Uh, Mint?" I began. I look at her. Her necklace is pulsing too."What the..." she begins. "Crap."

Suddenly, my arms and legs grow all furry. I scream in agony as I begin shrinking. I fall to the ground, yowling. Then everything is quiet. I look at Mint... she's a... I flinch. Her green eyes stare at me. I see fear there... and something else. "Coco," she whispers, "what's happening?" Then everything goes black...

I blink my eyes open. I see three very concerned faces, staring down at me. Mint squeals, "COCO!" she hugs me ...tightly. I gasp, "Mint, I can't-" She releases me. "Oh! Sorry." She blushes.

"Welcome back!" Raven welcomes.
I stare into Luke's brown eyes and shudder. "Hey, are you okay?" he asks. His voice is gentle, like autumn leaves falling in a forest. "Aug, guua, merk..." I slap my hands to my mouth. Mint laughs as Raven shakes his head. "Uh... I'm fine." I blush, blowing my hair out of my face.