Thunderstorm

A/N Leo is 1, Ivy is 6, Melanie is 10 and Sydney is 14

xXx

DADDY!" Ivy shrieked. Connor and Troye ran up the stairs and slammed open their daughter's bedroom door.

"What's wrong?!" Troye blurted out. Ivy pointed towards the window where you could see the rain falling and the dark grey clouds that filled the sky. Suddenly a loud noise sounded and a flash appeared, striking through the clouds. Ivy screamed, and leapt under the covers to join her older sister, Melanie, who was pale from head to toe.

Connor looked over at Troye and smiled, knowing that everything would be okay. He walked over to the bed, climbing into the covers in-between the two frightened girls. Troye followed his husband and got in as well, on the other side of Ivy.

"D-daddy I'm s-scared." Melanie stuttered, clutching on to Connors arm.

"Hey hey, it's ok Mel." Connor spoke in a soft voice, embracing her and kissing the top of her head.

"It's only a little storm girls, It'll pass soon." Troye said, holding Ivy in his arms.

"Yeah, and storms aren't that scary anyway." Connor comforted them.

"But they are daddy...WHAT IF WE GET ELECTROCUTED?!" Melanie shouted, hiding her head in Connor's chest.

"We're not going to ge-" Troye started, but was cut off by Ivys scream at the sudden boom of thunder.

"WE ARE GONNA GET ELTOCOCUTEDED! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" Ivy cried, her arms wrapped tightly around Troye's neck.

"Shh, you're going to wake up Leo, and It's ok, we're gonna be fine, we aren't going to get electrocuted or killed." Troye assured them. Then they heard a loud noise, but this noise wasn't thunder, they knew this noise all too well.

"Sydney!" Connor called out.

"I'm going!" She replied, coming out of her room and heading to the main bedroom. She picked up a crying Leo, and carried him into Ivy and Melanies room. She sat next to Troye on the bed, slowly rocking Leo back to sleep.

"I know a game we can play to wait for the storm to pass." Troye told them.

"What is it Daddy?" Melanie asked, lifting her head up.

"Every time you hear thunder, you have to count up until you see the lightening. And the higher you count, the further away it is." Troye explained, playing with Ivys fingers.

"Dad, that isn't even tr-" Sydney started, but stopped when he shot her a look. A loud bang came from outside.

"Do we start counting now?" Ivy asked, still afraid.

"Yup." Connor  nodded.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" Melanie and Ivy counted, and stopped when the saw a flash in the sky.

"Now do we just have to wait for another loud noise?" Melanie asked.

"Uh-huh." Troye said, smiling at her. Then, another loud crackling sound filled their ears.

"1, 2, 3." Melanie counted, stopping abruptly as she saw a flash.

"DOES THAT MEAN THE STORM IS GETTING CLOSER?!" Ivy shrieked.

"Shh, calm down Ivy." Connor said sweetly. Another sound of thunder came from the sky.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7!" Ivy cheered, but then became confused. "Daddy how can it come closer and then go further away? Is it supposed to do that? Is that how the game works?" she asked, looking up at Troye.

"Umm..." Troye didn't know what to say. Sydney suddenly burst out laughing, she knew it wouldn't work.

"Daddy are you sure this is how you play the game?" Melanie asked.

"Yeah Daddy, are you sure?" Connor teased him. Troye have him a very unappreciated look.

"Why don't you sing us a song, Dad?" Sydney suggested, obviously referring to Troye as they all knew that Connor was terrible at it. Troye started softly singing a lullaby and soon the two girls had fallen asleep along with their baby brother and the storm had died down too.

They tucked them in and then the three of them headed into the kitchen. Connor laughed lightly.

"What?" Troye asked with a smile.

"I was just remembering your first thunderstorm." he said, looking at Sydney.

"Oh my God, that was literally Hell." Troye said dramatically.

"Why?" Sydney asked with a smile, sipping her coffee.

"You didn't stop crying the whole time." Connor told her.

"How old was I?" she further asked.

"Don't you remember? It was only a year ago." Troye said, trying to hold in his laughter. Connor failed to do that though, and started chocking on his coffee.

"What..." Sydney said, beyond confused.

"Just kidding, you were five." Troye said laughing, ruffling her hair and messing it up.

"Oh." she stated, with a small smile.

"Ok I need to go pick up Tyde from the airport." Troye told them, putting his mug in the sink. He kissed Connor briefly and kissed Sydney on the head. "Be back in about two hours, love you!" he exclaimed grabbing the car keys.

"Love you too Dad, and drive safe!" Sydney called out to him.

"Yes Mum." Troye said with a laugh, closing the door behind him.

"Who calls their daughter 'mum'?" Connor laughed, shaking his head.

"Your Husband does!" Sydney replied, running up the stairs. Connor smiled, he truly loved his family.

xXx

A/N Aw this was cute to write XD

This is Hannan btw! Tell me what you thought of this in the comments! Vote, follow and also follow me on my separate account: Tronnor_Fics