Chapter Twelve: The Farm

I woke up in Daryl's arms. He was asleep too. We were on watch. Dale was sitting on the edge of the roof. I guess he switched with Daryl but Daryl didn't feel like moving. He was lazy. Dale looks at me and smiles.

"Good Morning Mason." Dale whispers, trying not to wake up Daryl. I wave and look up at Daryl. He was quietly snoring. I look at Dale and give him a grin. "Be careful Mason, he might bite back." Dale chuckled. I turn back to Daryl. I poke his cheek. Nothing. This was just like the CDC. I look around and there was some pieces of grass on my dress. I take a piece and look at Daryl's nose. I slowly tickle the inside of his nose. He swats my hand away, but still is asleep. I go again but put it farther up his nose. He snorts and snaps his head and opens his eyes. Me and Dale start laughing.

"The Hell was that?" Daryl groaned.

"Mason here got bored and started sticking grass up your nose." Dale chuckled. I look at Dale and scrunch my face. He sold me out.

"Pinkie, why you stickin shit up my nose." Daryl growls as he rubs his nose.

"Swear." I say softly. Daryl rolls his eyes and stand up. He puts his crossbow on his back and climbs down the ladder. I start to head down but I can't reach it. I am too small, so I am just dangling. I feel two big hands grab my sides and put me down. Daryl.

"You can climb a tree, but not a damn ladder?" Daryl smirks.

"Yup." I giggle, popping the P. Daryl rolls his eyes and a serious face comes back.

"Pinkie, you wanna ride in the RV or the bike?" I look at the bike and smile. It seemed cool, but Mama always said they were deathtraps. I wanted to ride it though. I point to the bike and Daryl gives me a big grin. "You sit in front, no screwin around alight?"

"Okay, do I drive?"

"Nah, you a little small for that." We walk over to his bike. It was black and big. Daryl swung his leg around it then put his arms out to pick me up. He placed me in front and told me to cross my legs like a pretzel. His arms were like guard rails so I wouldn't fall off. He starts the bike and I jump from the sound. It was loud. I hear him chuckle behind me. We start and we follow the road. The wind hits my face making my hair flow behind me. I smile, it felt so free. I put my arms out to the side, so I didn't get in his way. 

"WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!" I yell at the top of my lungs making Daryl laugh. We turn into a feild with a big house on it. There was a barn too! Daryl put me down, but my legs were like jello so I fell over. Daryl got off, he was laughing.

"You good pinkie?" He chuckled. I nod and try getting back up, but instead I fall over again and giggle. Daryl smirked and looked to his right. I turned and Lori, Rick and Shane were standing in the doorway. The Horse lady was on the porch with a blonde girl. Daryl went up to them, leaving me on the ground. I just laid there looking at the sky. Then a shadow towered over me. It was Dale.

"What are you doing princess?" He chuckled. He picked me up and put me on his hip. I leaned on his shoulder and we went into the RV. He put me at the table and pulled out my coloring books. He left and I start to color. Everyone was setting up tents and I was coloring. I wanted to go investigate. I get down and grab Ika before heading out the RV. I got out and I looked around. I couldn't find Daryl. I started to get upset, but I can't cry. Dixons don't cry, so I can't. I walk over to the house to find Lori on the porch.

"Hey sweetheart, what happened to your hair?" She chuckles. She gets up and bends to my level. Lori starts to push my hair down.

"Motorcycle." I said shly, Lori was great but after the CDC, it was not the same.

"You went on that deathtrap? You are brave." She smiles, then the brown hair lady opens the door. I get behind Lori.

"I gotta brush she could use. If that's alight with ya." She said. She had an accent like Daryl.

"I have to go see Carl, could you watch her for me?" Lori asked. Horse lady nodded, and Lori turned to me. "This is Maggie, she's nice. I have to go to Carl, be good okay?" I nodded then handed her Ika.

"For Carl." I said. Lori smiled and took Ika, then headed inside. Maggie bent to my level and gave me a smile.

"How bout we go tame that hair for ya and surprise your dad?" She grinned, but I was confused. Maggie could tell. "What?"

"Dad?" I said softly, I was feeling really warm and didn't have Ika with me.

"You rode on the bike with him." She ment Daryl.

"Daryl's not my Daddy." 

"Oh, who is then?"

"Daddy is gone." I whimper. I really wanted Ika....Mama.....Daddy.

"Oh.....Your Mom then." She said with a smile, she didn't get it. I shook my head and her face dropped. I guess now it really hit me, I was an orphan. I felt warm stuff on my cheek. Maggie lift her hand and I flinched and ran. I ran as fast as possible, not looking where I was going. I ended up running into legs, wearing blue jeans. Shane.

"What the hell- Mason?" His face soften as he kneeled with his hat in his hands. "What's wrong?"

"I'm.....an.....Orphan...." I cry. Shane goes to hug me but I back away. I remember what happened with him and Lori, the fire in his eyes.

"Hey, I ain't gonna hurt you. I was not feeling well when you saw that. I won't hurt you okay?" I nod, I could tell he was being nice. Maybe he changed. His big arms pick me up and I cry into his shirt and shake. I couldn't help it. I wanted my parents, but most of all.....I wanted Daryl. We walked for awhile till We saw Rick.

"Hey Shane- Oh shit Mason?!" Rick jogged over with Glenn, Andrea and an old guy that looks like Santa with a short beard.

"Ya know where Dixon is?" Shane sighed.

"He's out lookin for Sophia." Rick stated. I cried harder into Shane's chest and I felt my body shake more.

"Put her in the room by your boy's room." Santa said, he had an accent to but not as harsh.

"She got mental issues, we need to find Dixon. He is the only one she been close with." Shane growled. 

"Bring her inside, and we will discuss this." Santa said softly again. Shane brought me inside, but I kept my eyes shut. I was tired. The crying made my eyes hurt. I felt Shane put me down on a soft surface. 

"Get some rest Mason." Shane said before leaving the room. I pull my knees towards my chest and shake more. It was getting annoying. I heard the door squeak and little foot steps come towards me. I got really scared, it could be a walker.

"Mason?" A small voice said. I open my eyes and it's Carl. He had Ika in his hands. "Can I stay with you till you feel better?" He asked. He wasn't wearing a shirt and he had a big bandage on his side. I nod. Carl walks to the other side of the bed and gets under the covers. He hands me Ika, I take her and squeeze her tight. She made me feel better. I close my eyes and start to drift into a deep sleep.