Intro

"Ava, you have to go" My best friend of all time Sierra complained to me over her half full cup of wine

"No, I don't Sierra. It's been ten years. Everyone knows what's going on in my life. I promise I have seen some of our classmates in an operating room." Is my retort to her

"Oh, Ava come on, we both know that you want to go. Actually...you have to go." I watch as Sierra she leans onto the table to get closer to me

"Oh, and why is that?"

"You need to tell Milo." I snap my head up and look at her. I knew she was right. I knew that Milo deserved to know, but that doesn't mean I have to go or that I want to.

"If you haven't recalled Sierra, I tried to tell Milo," I think back to the day my pregnancy was confirmed. How I, for the first, attempted to let Milo know we were going to be parents. 

"Milo, we need to talk," I say approaching him and his group of friends. I could tell by the way he turned away from them that this wouldn't end well.

"Look, Ava, is it? I had fun at that party, but me and you are not a couple. So please stop stalking me." Stalking? I have reached out to this asshole one time before this and it was when I first missed my period. How dare he act as if I'm calling or texting him all the time. 

"Look, Milo, is it?" Taking a step closer I get as close as I can to his face, "I don't want a relationship with you. Honestly, I don't even want to talk to you but guess what. I don't have a choice, so li-" 

"Oh, but you do. You are smart a girl. Right?" I can't help but roll my eyes at him. I cannot believe I had sex with this dude. "So, here are your options. You can leave me alone, stop following me or a combination of the two. Either way I am done talking to you." He cuts me off.

"Is that so? Well then, I gratefully choose to leave you alone, but in the future when we cross paths again, and believe me we will cross again, don't be surprised Milo. This is me coming to you and trying to be respectful, but I will not stand for your disrespect in the meantime. I'm looking forward to that day." I say walking away from him and his friend group. I can see them all looking at me in shock. No one talks to him that way or crosses him.

"Ava...Ava" Snapping out of my memory I face Sierra again, "You may not want to face him, but Madalyn and Avery are about to be ten. They see Milo in the media all the time. You cannot keep lying to them. Not to mention you son looks just like him. People are going to start talking."

"Yea Sierra, I know that I have to tell him. I just don't want this to blow up in my face in the end."

"Oh honey, shit is going to hit the fan either way. This man has missed ten years of his kids' life." I zone out listening to her go on about how upset he will be. Little does she know, or most people, I have tried to reach out to him multiple times over the years. I have done everything from request him on social media to writing him emails and letters. I have done my part.