Are you sure?

Dylan;;

The young actor sat on the couch and sighed. He and Skylar had come inside from the pool and showered but he was currently waiting for her to get dressed. Dylan had just grabbed a simple button down shirt and some jeans and made his way downstairs right away.

He knew that Skylar didn't think he noticed her sudden mood shift but he had. She had seemed happy before and he didn't know what he could've done to make her feel sad again. Skylar suggested they watch a movie once they came inside and told him to look for one he wanted to watch. He had found Spiderman in their stack of DVDs on the entertainment center and put it on. It was paused of course. Did I do something wrong? Was she reminded of her mom?  These thoughts flooded his mind before a timid voice brought him back to reality.

"Did you find a movie?" Skylar asked, walking over to take a seat next to Dylan. She had decided on wearing a cream sweater and light blue jeans. Over the past 2 weeks, they had grown comfortable enough around each other that it was normal for her to be sitting so close to him. They were basically shoulder-to-shoulder, hip-to-hip.

Dylan nodded, " Yeah. Is Spiderman okay?" The girl raised an eyebrow at him and he realized what a stupid question it was. Skylar's favorite superhero was Spiderman so it was completely okay if they watched it. She reached around him to get the remote but he moved it farther away, stretching his arm out. Skylar pouted and he explained, "Before we watch the movie, you wanna tell me how you're feeling?"

Her eyes widened for a second before she schooled her expression into confusion. Dylan knew that she was just pretending though. "I'm feeling fine." She received an unimpressed look in response. "Don't worry! I'm fine!" She assured, giving him the most convincing look she could muster at the moment. The actor still didn't look like he believed her.

"Are you sure?" He asked skeptically. She nodded at him and leaned back against the couch cushions. "Okay. Ready for Spidey?" Dylan grinned at her, trying to lighten the mood although he still knew something was wrong. It seemed to have worked because she allowed a small smile. His grin turned more fond as he held out the remote to press play before setting it down beside him. 

♥ ♥

After the movie ended, the two of them had raided the kitchen and settled back down on the couch with plates of waffles and fruit. "So what's it like being an actor? I barely realized I've never really asked you about it before," Skylar said before lifting a forkful of waffle up to her mouth.

Dylan set his fork down on his plate and thought about it for a second. "It's really busy and exciting and I love it, you know, but it can be stressful and overwhelming sometimes. I mean, you get to meet so many new people and form great friendships. Like me and Tyler, he's like my brother, you know, and we're really close. We met on set and me and Hoechlin are great friends too. Holland, Crystal, they're all great." A big grin spread across his face as he talked about his friends.

"Tyler, Holland, and Crystal, they're all from the same show?" The brunette asked curiously. Dylan nodded at her and said that they were from Teen Wolf. "Oh. I've never seen it actually," She said. taking another bite of waffle. The boy just stared at her wide-eyed.

"W-what?" He sputtered out in shock. "I'm offended," He exaggerated, holding his hand over his heart. Skylar just looked at him like there wasn't a problem. Which there was. "Oh my god okay. Come on, let's go," At the confused look Skylar was sporting, he continued. "We're going upstairs to watch Teen Wolf on your laptop." The girl smiled and shook her head in amusement but followed him upstairs anyway.