Swimming

Skylar;;

"Dylan, Dyl, Dyl pickle.."

Nothing, Absolutely nothing. Nada.

Skylar huffed in frustration and looked at the sleeping boy in front of her. It was only 7am but he was still asleep. Carefully, she leaned over and poked his cheek. No reaction. The girl thought about what she could do to wake him up without being too extreme. A great idea popped into her mind then and she grinned.

"Dylan, you asked for it.." She said softly, shaking her head. With no further thought, Skylar leapt onto the actor, whose eyes grew as wide as saucers.

The brunette laughed as he jolted up in surprise before realizing it was only Skylar. He pouted and gave her a wounded puppy look. "Was that really necessary?" He looked at her, trying to wipe the sleep from his eyes with his hand.

"Sorry but I thought that we could go to the pool?" Skylar apologized, pointing outside of Dylan's window to said pool. He seemed to consider it before asking what time it was. "It's 7. So the pool..sound good?" The boy scratched his chin, as if he was deep I thought before nodding.

"Yeah okay. Now shoo. I've gotta change." He pushed at her shoulder and lead her out of the room, all the while she laughed at him. After Dylan closed the door, the girl walked back to her room to change. Looking through her closet, the girl spotted one of her favorite bikinis. It was teal and had a fringe style top piece. It covered everything though, well, as much as a bikini could. Skylar liked it because it didn't make her seem desperate for attention like others did. She grabbed it and padded into the bathroom to get changed.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Skylar had finished changing and was now waiting in the hallway for Dylan to come out. "Hurry up! It's gonna be dark by the time you're finished," She shouted though the door. The girl wasn't worried about how loud she was being at this hour of the morning because it was only the two of them. Her parents had already gone off to work and Thomas and Nathan had left for school so the only one who might mind would be Dylan. But she was sure he didn't.

"I'm almost out!" A responding shout came from the other side of the door. Skylar grinned and looked around. Ever since her and Dylan started getting closer, everything seemed better. He was slowly teaching her that not everything had to stay bad forever. "Everything balances out in the end," he once told her. Dylan had found her crying in her room alone that night. She was holding one of her mom's old sundresses against her chest. Her tears blurred her vision so she didn't notice when Dylan sat down beside her. He had turned her so that she was leaning on his shoulder. Skylar remembers him holding her until she eventually cried herself to sleep. The next morning she found her mother's dress folded neatly at the foot of her bed and a box of tissues on her nightstand.

She smiled at the memory and turned towards the door when she heard it open. Dylan came out wearing black swim trucks with a white towel draped over his shoulder. "Ready?" He asked with a smile. She nodded and started down the stairs, looking back once to make sure he was following. He caught up to her easily and opened the back door for her before following her out. Unlike Skylar, who had slowly stepped into the pool, Dylan had decided to jump in. A moment later, he came up to the surface with a hissed out, "It's cold! Why didn't you tell me it was cold?" He asked her with a betrayed look on his face.

Skylar tried to muffle her laughter with her hand but a few giggles managed to slip out. "You didn't give me time to tell you." Dylan was about to retort but the words never came out. He kind of looked like a fish.

"Okay, I'll give you that but you were laughing and you need to apologize." He grinned at her and swam towards her. Unsure of what he was going to do, Skylar swam back as much as she could. Her back hit something hard and she realized that she had reached the wall. Dylan had gotten closer and was now right in front of her. "Are you sorry?" He teased.

The girl smiled up at him innocently, "Okay Dylan. I apologize.. for not being able to record this." And with that, she sent a huge splash of water at the boy's face. Laughing, she swam around him while he wiped the water from his face.

"Oh it's on." He smirked and dove underwater. Skylar's eyes widened and she quickly looked for her friend. She felt hands around her ankles and before she knew it she was underwater as well. She came up with a gasp, only to be met with Dylan laughing so hard she thought he might pass out. She pouted at him and turned her back to him, even crossing her arms to add to the effect. The young actor had stopped laughing and carefully rested his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, are you okay? I'm sorry," He said softly. He's so sweet. She thought to herself but she still didn't turn around. "Skylar?" He questioned, moving so he could be in front of her. He gaped at her when he saw her smile. "You're quite the actress aren't you?" He joked, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

She grinned up at him, "Thanks. You're not too bad yourself Mr. O'Brien." He didn't seem like a celebrity anymore. He was her best friend, which meant so much more to her. She had stopped seeing him as an actor a few days after their talk but now was the first time she realized that fact. Dylan gave her his famous lopsided smile and she looked down at the water. What's going to happen when he leaves? Because he's going to have to eventually. "Maybe we should go inside now?"

A look of concern flashed across his face. "Sure, but are you okay?" He must've noticed her shift in mood but she didn't want to ruin their day.

"No, I'm fine. Let's go." She assured him and swam towards the steps to get their towels.