Chapter 15: Torn

WARNING: A little smut. If you aren't comfortable with it, just skip ahead to the end:) 

That morning I woke up early, sprawled across my bed with my party dress still on. Even though I hadn’t had anything to drink, my head still pounded as I recounted the events of last night. But even though it had been emotional, I felt light, as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Finally, there was nothing standing between me and Louis. No more secrets, no more lies, just two people who were finally able to begin anew.

I rolled out of bed and took an hour long shower, making sure any remnants of my past washed down the drain with the hot water. As I blow dried my hair, I thought of how nice it had been last night, the feeling of Louis’ hand in mine as he had walked me home, pointing out various constellations in the starry sky.

“Stella means star in latin.” He had said. “People have been using the exact same stars we’re standing under right now to guide them since the beginning of time. So it’s actually pretty fitting that you’re named Stella, because whenever I get lost, I look to you and you bring me right back home again.” 

I dressed in a maroon t shirt dress with a black belt and my favorite Tory Burch flats, then headed downstairs to eat some breakfast. Louis had said that he wasn’t coming until 10:30, so I still had time to fix something. I poured myself some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, powering up my iPhone to text Ash as I began to eat. I hadn’t talked to him in a while, and that mixed with the lack of information I had given him about that night at the club was probably driving him crazy. However, before I even had a chance to open up my message thread with Ash, my phone beeped, indicating that I had a new text. My heart dropped as I read the tiny words on the screen.

 Niall: Judging by how you ran out on me last night, i’m guessing I was a bit too forward with the whole “I love you” thing. But I still want to talk, just the two of us. Are you free?

I sighed in frustration. Why couldn’t the universe seem to understand that I was trying to get Niall out of my life for good? Whenever it seemed like I had finally gotten rid of him, he always seemed to come back when I was more vulnerable then ever, which was why I kept letting him in. But not this time. Not anymore.

Not bothering to text Ash or reply to Niall, I dropped my phone back in my bag and went outside to wait for Louis. It was a beautiful September day. There wasn’t a cloud in the azure colored sky and for once it wasn’t a billion degrees, the temperature was perfect. I sat on my front step and enjoyed the feeling of the soft breeze rustling my hair, smiling when Louis’ Porsche pulled up into my driveway. I waved to him then jogged over to the passengers side, sliding across the soft leather into the car.

Before he could say anything in way of greeting, I pressed my lips to his softly. It was the same type of kiss we had shared last night, so soft and innocent, and when I pulled away, he was smiling.

“Forget hello, I could get used to that.” He laughed. I didn’t say anything, instead just laying my head back on the leather headrest and looking up at him. He was wearing jeans and a Miami Heat basketball jersey, a relaxed expression on his face. I had never seen him looking so casual before, but I liked it.

 “Any chance you’ll tell me where we’re going?” I asked him, knowing full well that he wouldn’t tell me.

 He smirked playfully. “Come on Parker, haven’t you learned by now not to ask any questions?”

 I sighed in mock frustration, but my smile gave me away. I was actually looking forward to the surprise. “At least try and stick to the speed limit today, Tomlinson.” 

He rolled his eyes, but there was a grin playing on his lips. “No promises.” He said as he backed out of the driveway. However once we hit the road, he started speeding down it at about ninety miles an hour, probably just to spite me. Honestly, who had given this boy a license?