Falling For Him

Rain's POV:
   I ran through the barrier with my little kitten. He was crippled by a car. Stupid muggles. I got on the train and saw a guy asleep in the corner. I sat on the same side as him then fell asleep on the opposite corner.
   I was awoken by the train stopping. It got colder. I've covered the windows. My eyes widened. I started breathing raggedly. The others kept talking.
  " Be quiet."
   I turned to see the man awake. He looked at me. I was shaking. The dementor came in and I screamed. They're my worst fear. I hid myself in the corner. I continued screaming. Memories flashed through my mind. My mothers death. My father being taken away. Everything. I soon fell unconscious.
   I woke up to someone talking. I opened my eyes and saw the man. He looked at me.
  " And who might you be?"
  " I'm R-Rain. R-Rain B-Black. Wh-who are y-you?"
  " I'm Professor Lupin. Why'd you scream when the dementor came in?"
  " They're my w-worst f-fear. I h-have a b-bad experience w-with th-them."
  " It's alright. You're safe now."
   I nodded and tried to relax. It didn't work. I was still shaking. I was very cold. This usually happens when I get scared.
  " Are you cold?"
  " Y-yes P-Professor Lupin. Th-this h-happens a lot wh-when I get s-scared."
   He nodded and set his cloak on my shoulders then left. I wrapped his cloak around me. It smelled amazing. Like chocolate. I pulled it to my nose. I breathed in then fell asleep. 
   I woke up when someone shook me. I freaked out and hid under the cloak. A low and husky chuckle came from the new professor. I realized we must be at Hogsmade. I get out from under the cloak and grabbed Moon, my kitten. I gave Professor Lupin his cloak back. He told me to keep it. I just smiled gratefully at him.
I wrapped Moon in the cloak the walked off the train. There was only one carriage left and it held Professor Lupin. He looked at me with a smile.
" You seem like a good professor to me. You must be the one Dumbledore told me about."
" What did he tell you?"
" That I wouldn't be alone on the full moon."
He nodded. He seemed to notice I hadn't set Moon down.
" Why don't you let your kitten walk around?"
" Well she was crippled. She got hit by a car. I found her on the side of the road a week ago. If you can see she has a little cast."
" Well what's her name?"
" This is Moon. I like to call her Moony for some reason. It's a name that kind of attracts me."
He stiffened a little. I tell him about myself and he tells me about himself.
When we got to the castle I went inside. I set Moon next to my plate then wait. I see more Gryfindors sit down.
When the feast starts I put little on my plate. I give some food to Moon. After the feast I'm the last one out. Something hits me and I'm thrown against the staff table. I hit my head. The last thing I hear is Lupin calling my name then calling for help.
When I open my eyes I see white. I blink a couple times. I now see three pairs of eyes looking at me with worry. I recognize the voices.
" Albus will she be all right?"
" Yes Minerva."
" Are you sure?"
" Yes Remus. Why do you care so much?"
" I think she's my mate. The younger wolves don't find out until they're of age. She's four years bellow. Or until we..um...kiss."
" Interesting. Did she tell you what she thinks of her father?"
" No. Why?"
" She believes he's innocent."
I open my mouth to speak. It comes out in a low whisper.
" I know he's innocent."
They look at me once more with shock. I feel memories flash through my mind. It stops at the dementor. I scream, close my eyes, and put my hands over my ears.
The memory goes to Voldemort killing my mother. Harry and I were born on the same day so he tried to kill both if us. Our mothers died for us. I have a scar on my left wrist.
The memory flashes to when Peter runs in. He smiles like a maniac the opens his mouth.
" Good now they're dead. I no longer have to do the Dark Lords bidding. Now I'll blame it on Sirius. Thankfully he made me a secret keeper."
It then flashes to when my dad shows up. He sees my mother. He falls to his knees crying. He looks at me. He grabs me then pulls me into a hug. He walks outside to see Hagrid.
It flashes to the ministry taking him.
" Let me go. Please. Rain!"
When it stops I start crying. I hear the doors slam open. I cower under the cloak I'm wearing. I take deep breath. It smells like chocolate. I calm down.
" Why is Miss Black hiding under a cloak?"
It's Snape! I fear him as well. I start shaking.
" Why did you enter her mind Severus?"
" To tell you that Black is or isn't innocent. Turns out he is. What is wrong with the insolent, little child?"
I start to shake more. I'm now crying. My adoptive parents did that. They sound like him. They talk like him.
" What is wrong with the child?!"
I start whimpering. Remus comes over and tries to calm me down. Snape keeps talking and yelling. I start screaming.
" Snape you're scaring her! Stop! She told me she has a lot of fears. You're one of them. This happens when she's scared."
" Sorry."
With Remus there I end up stopping. I slowly pull the cloak from over my head. I look to see them staring at me. I hide under the cloak again.
" I thinks it best if we leave. Remus you may stay."
I hear footsteps then a closing door. I turn on my side. Remus pulls the cloak off me slowly.
" It's alright Rain. You're fine. Can you tell me why you're afraid of Snape?"
I nodded.
" I'm afraid of him because he reminds me of my adoptive father. When his wife died all he did was drink. When he was drunk he'd beat me and..."
I stopped. I didn't want him to know he raped me.
" And what? What did he do that you won't tell me?"
" He..um..he r-raped me."
Remus looks mad. Then he looks at me with grief.
" I'm so sorry Rain. He can't get you here. Don't worry."
I nodded. Then I leaned into his chest and cried. When I fell asleep I swear he kissed my forehead.
( Dream )
I was walking down a street getting my stuff for school. I heard yelling. I turned around up see Seth, my adoptive father, running at me. I dropped everything and ran. I tried to get away but I couldn't. He grabbed me and started beating me. I screamed in pain.
( End of dream )
" Rain wake up!"
I screamed and opened my eyes. I saw two pairs of eyes filled with worry and concern. I spotted chocolate colored ones and calmed down some. I was still breathing heavily.
" Don't worry you're safe here Rain. Do you want to get up?"
I nodded. I looked for Moon but I couldn't see her. I started to panic.
" Moon? Moony? Where are you?"
I heard meowing from Remus' arms. I looked to see her purring as he pet her. I grabbed her a pet her.
" You have a smart kitten there. She limped to my office and back up here. I think she knew something was wrong. When you started whimpering and screaming I got Professor Dumbledore."
I nodded. I got up and headed to the Great Hall. I got my timetables from McGonagall. I looked at it. It said I had Potions first. I walked down to the dungeons.
The day went by and I went up to my dorm. I had a separate one. Only because of my dreams. And my little problem.
The next day went by fast. I'm now on my way to D.A.D.A. When I get there I sit in the back. I don't hear what Hermione says. I just here what Remus says. We get in a line. When it was my turn I stepped forward. The thing turned to a dementor. I freaked out. I went to the corner and screamed. I watched as Harry stepped up. Remus stepped in front of him. The thing turned into a full moon. I was put in a trance. He said the spell and it turned to a balloon. He called the class off. They all left. I was still in a trance. Remus walked over and stood in front of me. I was knocked out of the trance.
" Are you alright Rain?"
I looked into his eyes. I nodded. He smiled at me and I blushed. I might be falling for my Professor. I walked out and thought about him. His intoxicating sent. His eyes. That's all I thought about. For the first time I had a happy dream.