Chapter 13

Lilah was humming softly in Derek's arms as they stood stuck in the elevator. Jennifer Blake watched the 4 year old with mild interest. She was special indeed. Derek adjusted Lilah on his hip, taking out his phone and sending a small text to Stiles.

"Daddy?" Derek jumped lightly before looking at his daughter.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"I'm scared." That was the first time she admitted being scared of anything before. Derek pulled her tightly against him, soothing her hair down.

"It's alright. It's ok, daddy's here. Daddy's got you." (Anyone who can reference this I will love forever!!)

"What about Scottie? An Aunt Cora? What about Stiles?"

"You'll see them again." Derek assured her, kissing her forehead.

"Not if they sacrifice themselves to saves their mommy and daddies." Lilah muttered, closing her eyes as if in pain. Derek sighed and pulled her into his chest, checking if she felt any pain. It was very little.

"Derek?" Jennifer's voice rang out softly. He ignored it, holding back a growl.

"Julia Baccari. That was my name."

"I don't care." Derek hissed, running his hands through Lilah's hair, taking away a little pain.

"I guess I should have changed it to something with different first letters. I think I read somewhere that people always pick aliases that are subconsciously derivative of their original name. It's a way of not completely letting go of your identity, since your name is so tied to your sense of self. Do you know what else is? Your face. The one that's supposed to be staring back at you in the mirror. Not some hacked up atrocity you can't even recognize." Jennifer was looking at her reflection from the elevators silver gleam. Delilah wrinkled her nose and nudged Derek's face.

Derek looked down at his daughter and kissed her cheek, trying to calm down the small bursts of panic that flow through his chat everyone he thinks of the danger she is in.

"I bet your curious. I bet you wonder exactly what happened."

"You were an emissary. They tried killing you along with the rest of the pack. Mystery solved." Derek growled, Lilah tilted her head and reached toward Jennifer tilting her head. Jennifer glared at the little girl in Derek's arms.

"I was Kali's emissary. And I was the one she couldn't kill."

XXX

Lilah was now on the ground, sitting tiredly against the side of the elevator.

"You know mistletoe is important to druids, but do you know the myth of why we kiss under mistletoe?" Jennifer asked.

"Story time?" Lilah asked tiredly yet slightly hopeful.

"Yes little one, story time." Jennifer said, sitting herself down as well. Derek followed, pulling Lilah into his lap.

"It's a Norse Myth. Baldur, son of Odin, was the most beloved by the other gods, so much that they wanted to protect him." Jennifer looked at Lilah and couldn't help but see the comparison of love. "His mother, Frigg, took an oath from fire and water, metal, stone and every living thing, that they would never hurt Baldur. At a gathering they tested him. Stones, arrows, and flames where thrown at him."

Derek winced at the thought of fire but held Lilah firmly as she leaned foreword, trying to learn more.

"Nothing worked. But they was one God who wasn't so enamored of Baldur. The God of Mischief, Loki. Loki discovered that Frigg had forgotten to ask mistletoe, a tiny seemingly harmless plant. And completely overlooked. Loki fashioned a dart out of mistletoe and it killed Baldur. Frigg was so heart broken. She decreed that mistletoe would never again be used as a weapon and that she would bestow a kiss on anyone who passed under it. Now we hang mistletoe under our doors during the holidays. So then we would never overlook it again....we were the overlooked...the emissaries. It was a mistake that Deucalion and the alpha should never had made because I made an oath of my own." Jennifer's voice was hostile and cruel as she stood, towering over them.

"From virgins and warriors, from healers, philosophers and guardians, to loan me their power so that I could teach these monsters that their no steroid actions would never be overlooked."

"You killed innocent people." Derek replied.

"So have you. I know the real color of your eyes Derek."

"You can't beat them."

"Are you sure about that? What happens Derek? During the total lunar eclipse?"

"We lose all out power." Derek realized, wincing at the thought of Boyd.

XXX

Lilah jumped to herself suddenly and her eyes glazed over. A small whimper came out of her mouth making Derek clutch onto Lilah in worry.

"Lilah? Delilah what's wrong?!"

"I love you daddy." She whispered. Derek looked at her confused. About to ask, Jennifer caught his attention.

"Derek, please looks at me." She he turned, he saw the ugly face of the Darach. He felt the world turn black to the sound of Lilahs scream.

XXX

The scream echoed through the whole hospital making all the werewolves and humans pause. Scott looked down to Stiles. He was making a final decision.

"I'm going to find your dad. I promise."

"Scott!" Stiles cried as his friend disappeared. Stiles ran back down to the elevator when he saw Derek's body laying there, completely knocked out. Then he noticed. Lilah was gone.

XXX

"Hey, hey you alright?" The sheriff asked as Melissa McCall woke up.

"Oh god, where are we?"

"I don't know. It looks like a root cellar to me, but, uh...she called it something different. She called it a...a Nemeton." Just then, the door opened making the parents look up. The women walked down and smirked placing a sleeping Lilah on the floor.

"Lilah! Lilah!!" Melissa yelled.

"Shhhhh. The babys sleeping." Jennifer cackled, leaving them. Lilah was dead to the world, stuck in her own mind, inches away from the parents, just out of reach.

"What's wrong with her?" The sheriff yelled. "Hey! What's wrong with her?!"

A/N: I feel so bad for not posting but here you go! I really like this chapter but I feel bad for Lilah. Anyway I hope you enjoy! Please respond if you know my references I will love yoooooouuu foreverrrrr! Ok byeeeee! (>' ')># (here's a waffle for your troubles!)