Chapter 21 (short)

Start from the beginning

Jamie: really? The silver watch with the gold shoes? You really should have texted me to plan your outfit.

I looked down at the watch my father had given me and that I always use to wear. Jamie actually had a point because there was nothing else I had on that matched. I quickly took it off and put it in my pocket.

Me: what about now?

Jamie: There we go. Fantasy is going to be all over you. Oh and try not to keep the conversation about basketball. This is not your coach you're talking about, it's your girl. Try to ask her what's been on her mind and stuff. Don't freeze up like I know you will.

Me: why do you think that?

Jamie: because I know you. Plus I can see you're nervous by the look on your face. Ease up a little bit. I think she's nervous too.

Fantasy: is that Rich at the-

I heard her voice from the back of the dorm as she came out of the bathroom and walked to where we were. At first she looked at me up and down checking me out. Good thing I took the watch off. She looked beautiful as always. She wore a skirt that hugged her curves and her hair was curly just how I liked it. But she was beautiful with whatever hairstyle she had on. Like Jamie said, I froze up and forgot to speak to her.

Jamie: you two are acting like this is prom.

She rolled her eyes.

Me: may I come in?

Fantasy: actually I'm ready to go right now If you are.

She said holding onto her purse. I handed her the flowers since I was standing there looking like a fool. Even though I already had her I wanted to treat her like I was still trying to win her. She deserved to be treated like the best and I'm the nigga who can do that. I took her hand gently and pulled her in for a hug.

Sooner or later we were sitting in a five star restruant  talking amongst ourselves. We talked for hours like we always did before we started dating.

Fantasy POV

I could barely eat and enjoy myself like I wanted to because of what Mrs.James told me. Part of me wanted to think she was crazy and another part wanted to believe her. Rich had been a changed person and I wanted to believe that but then again who knows what he could be doing. Or in other words Mrs. James could be out of her mind. What kind of person is she to just stalk someone so constantly and why does she think the basketball team has something to do with the shooting?

I sipped on my wine and listened to Rich continue to talk. He was such a handsome face and innocent soul, if he was back selling drugs he should have told me. The place Mrs.james showed me did look like a drug house, but how could I be sure she was seeing Rich? Maybe it was someone who looked like him...

Rich: are you still worried about Brittany?

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at his beautiful eyes.

Me: actually no, I was just thinking. Do you know Mrs.james?

Rich: the counselor? She hates me.

Me: and why is that?

Rich: I don't know. It's always been like that. Why'd you ask?

Me: just wondering. Rich you know you can tell me anything right? In a way I'm still your best friend. I want you to be comfortable with telling me things..

Rich: of course. Is there something wrong?

He wasn't getting the hint I could tell. He continued to eat and so did I. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up.

Me: I guess there isn't.

He took both of my hands in his getting my attention. His thumb stroked mines.

Rich: I don't want you worrying about me. I'm fine. My job is to worry about you and make sure you're okay. Nothing else matters to me.

He kissed my hand and continued to eat.

Me: what about you and Shaun? How is all of that going?

Rich: fuck that nigga. Not only did he try to harm you, he was messing with my old news.

I felt bad for Rich. I knew they were close but I could see their friendship coming to a close now. We both enjoyed ourselves a while longer before we were walking back out to his car. I had gotten cold so he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. I held his hand as we walked through the parking lot in silence. With him I felt so safe, protected. I really didn't want the night to end. Not to mention I have class in the morning.

Rich: Tonight isn't over baby, I got something for you.

My eyes lit up like a little kid until we both heard sirens  coming from afar. They got closer and closer until they pulled up right in front of us with the headlights blinding our eyes. Two cops got out the car and one of them immediately started to put Rich in handcuffs.

Me: excuse me what's going on here!

I said yelling.

Cop: I'm sorry to ruin your night lady but this young man is a killer.

My heart started to beat and I looked over at Rich who was fighting to get out the handcuffs. I screamed and tried to get the man off of him but the other cop held me back. Rich was very strong so he almost got out of the cops grip until he pushed him on the ground with his face hitting the concrete of the parking lot. Tears started to run down my face as the other cop held me back and I couldn't help him.

Me: what the hell you talking about?! Rich wouldn't kill anybody!

The cop ignored me and took the car keys from Rich's hand and walked over to the trunk of his car. I followed right after him wondering why he wouldn't answer my question. The cop unlocked the trunk and the aroma of something dead hit my nose. I stood back but close enough to see what was inside.

Cop: this man has a dead body in his car and you're telling me he isn't a killer? He's going to jail.

My eyes widened and my mouth was wide open once I saw Trinity's pale face. By the bruises on her neck she had been choked and possibly shot. I started to feel a little dizzy after seeing all the blood.

Rich: I WOULD NEVER KILL NO ONE FANTASY YOU KNOW THAT! BABY YOU BELIEVE ME RIGHT?

I couldn't respond to him right now because too much was going on for me to comprehend. I watched the cops put him in the police car.

Cop: I'm sorry about this ma'am. But I'll gladly take you home...

A/N: updating more soon because I know this was short ! I always like to leave you guys guessing !  And I was also rushing to write this so please excuse any errors that I made. Don't forget to comment !