"Arutur. Roland." He snapped their names.

Both men stood, keeping their heads low they kept their hands over their hearts.

"The plan has changed. Our people will come here."

"But," Roland said, but stopped when Ewan turned around eyes narrowed in determination. "Ah, yes Laird."

Ewan frowned in thought, "The Bellamy family has more than enough land to allow room for our people, and if we speed the wedding up my rights to it will be legitimized." He sighed, "We'll also have to speed up taking the CEO's seat."

The two nodded, Ewan sighed lifting his eyes to the ceiling, "Let's hope it will be easier, so we can regain the land my father so stupidly lost."

**

PRESENT

Sitting in a chair next to the bed that Argo layed on. Ewan leaned back his eyes focused on her rising and lowering chest.

She seemed peaceful for someone who'd just been been strangling her brother against the wall.

Rorik was currently being looked over by the family doctor. His throat would have been fully crushed if not for the healing their kind was gifted with.

It didn't mean they couldn't die, but it prevented most major injuries from taking their life.

Leaning forward he clapped his hands in front, he'd had a hard time convincing the parents it be best if they moved forward with the wedding.

**

"You can't be serious?!"

Argos mother exclaimed from where she stood behind her husband, they were in Bellamys study. After having taken Argo to her room, and leavingRorik with the family doctor.

She narrowed her eyes on him, before turning her angry gaze on her husband. "This can't happen; they must marry during the blue-moon!" She turned her glare back on Ewan. He could smell the hate coming off her, "He surely has something planned...what reason would we have to give Laticia to you before the blue moon?"

"Simple... because she obviously is closer to her full change."

Bellamy and his wife shared a look, before Bellamy cleared his throat, "That isn't you concern. The blue moon is the night you should be wed in order for your mating to bring out real results."

"Then why not perform the ceremony, and have the mating ritual on the blue moon."

Bellamy became thoughtful, "It would be better after this trouble, for Laticia to be moved out of the main house." He nodded to himself, "But why do you wish for the ceremony to be rushed?'

Ewan knew he would have to reveal some of the situation that occurred but he didn't want to reveal everything, "My people have made clear their...wish to come to our wedding ceremony, and the only time they are all free to come is next week. It would please me to have my mother and sister here for the wedding."

"Ah...," Bellamy nodded, "Then we have no choice, as it is the request of the in-laws."

"What?!" Argos's mother exclaimed, she frowned, "Do you know how much work will have to be done to be able to pull this off?!"

Bellamy sent her a sardonic look, "Of course not, it is females work to set up the wedding, and enough of your complaining women!"

Argos mothers expression settled into a coldness that made Ewan uncomfortable, before she lowered her arms and calmly walked towards the door, "As you say...Alpha."

Now seated in Argo's room, watching her sleep he reached forward placing a hand over her still one.

And silently he made a promise with himself,"Forgive me, I have no choice in this, but I promise I promise you that I will make you happy. I vow it."

**

The first thing I saw when I awoke, was my ceiling and with it came the memory of slamming Rorik into the wall. Smelling a familiar scent I looked over to my right and outwardly groaned.

"Ugh, we've got to stop meeting like this." I said, frowning.

Ewan chuckled seating up, and laying his hand on his knees, "Well...Lass I can't say I'm upset having you all to myself."

Rolling my eyes at his flirting, I pushed myself halfway up waving off his help, "Sure...," moving my legs over the side of the bed, I got up enough courage to ask, "How's Rorik?"

Ewan sighed, "You sure lost your temper, but the doctor said he'll be fine. His throat will be bruised but nothing too worse for wear."

Sighing in relief, I brushed some of my hair out my face. It would soon be time to get it braided up and out of the way, but that was a task for later. "That's good, my parents are probably furious though, right?"

Suddenly Ewan expression became troubled, noticing this I nervously cleared my throat, "Is something wrong?"

"Lass there- there is something that has changed..."He said. It was clear he was uncomfortable about what he would have to tell me.

"okay...,what is it?"

"The wedding. It's been pushed forward."

"How far forward?" I felt anxiety grip my chest.

He sighed, rubbing a hand across his five o'clock shadowed jaw, "Next week."

"What?!"