Chapter 23

8 months later-
Haymitch paced nervously outside his and Effie's room, where he could hear her screams and groans. Anna walked up to him and tapped his leg anxiously.
"Dada, why is Mummy screaming. Is she okay?" Said Anna, her worried eyes looking up at Haymitch's grey ones that mirrored hers exactly.
"She's gonna be okay Princess, she's having your little brother or sister and Mrs Everdeen is looking after her."
Anna nodded, still looking concerned. However a few seconds later they heard a baby's cries. Haymitch smiled at Anna and picked her up.
"Do you want to meet your sibling now Anna?"
Anna nodded eagerly and they went into the room, where a very tired Effie lay cradling her newborn baby. She looked up at them and they sat next to her.
"It's a girl Haymtich. You have a little sister Anna." Effie said lovingly.
Anna was 2 and a half now, and was a handful for Effie and Haymith, but they loved her with everything they had. The new little girl in her arms stretched and yawned, opening her blue-grey eyes.
"Hi baby." Effie cooed.
"Mama, what is she called?" Questioned Anna.
"I don't know yet. Haymitch?"
"She looks like a Rose to me." Haymitch said, stroking his new daughters head gently.
"I like that, how about Rose Charlotte Abernathy for her name?" Effie replied.
Haymitch nodded and took his new daughter in his arms nervously as Effie passed her over to him. He hadn't had any experience in handling babies since he only met Anna when she was nearly one and a half. He sat and admired his little girl for a while taking in her features and deciding that she looked more like Effie than him, apart from the greyish seam eyes that he had also given to Anna. Their family was complete.

Thanks for reading so far guys, I always forget to put a thanks at the bottom, but considering that the next chapter is the last chapter, I wondered if you wanted me to write a sequel. I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks so much, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys. Xxx Sorry for the short chapter. The next one will be longer hopefully!