"Yes but he's still out cold, the nurse should be waking him soon."She thanked him and went toward me.

"Doctor said Rowan is fine, besides a concussion and a broken leg."She sighed in relief.

I wanted to too. I handed her the coffee and she took a swig.

"We can go see him?"I asked she nodded."One person at a time.

I nodded."Why don't you good first."She nodded and went to see her unconscious son.

I made sure she was gone before pulling out my cellphone.

It didn't even ring for a second.

"Nice of you to call me."I heard his weasily voice say."I hope I didn't kill your fag friend, seems like a nice kid, cute too. I could put him to work at the whore house, Guys would pay plenty for that price of ass." I felt my anger over ride me as he spoke.

I clenched my phone in my hand so tight that I'm pretty sure it now had dents in it.

"Stay away from him."I managed to say through my clenched jaw, I tried to control my temper and stop myself from lashing out in the middle of the hospital.

I heard Kenny tis."That's what you get for disobeying me, and not coming when I told you too. I don't know what gave you this boost of.fucking confidence to feel as though you can do as you damn wish! I own you, you should know this by now!"

"You. Don't. Own. Me. Anymore! "I growled.

He snorted."Really? OK then, tell me how are you going to survive? That fag and bitch aren't going to keep you around forever. You have no people skills, and your dumb as a board, and the only thing you have to your advantage is muscle. Let's face it, you wouldn't survive in this world without me."I was lost for words.

He was right, I was pulling a low D in almost all my classes except gym, I didn't get along with anyone, and my physique sometimes terrified people.

I didn't have the brains to go to college, and I don't have the people skills to find a good job.

Plus I was pulling 18 soon, and I'm pretty sure Amber didn't want me here by then.

Kenny laughed as I sat in silence. "You know I'm right don't you? Your just a big idiot, with allot of muscle and That's all you'll ever be."

"You can go in now."I looked up and it was Amber, her eyes her red again.

I ignored Kenny's laughing and pressed end on my phone.

"Are you OK?"I asked.

She nodded.

I didn't know what else to say so I made my way to Rowan's room.

I hesitated going in, scared at what I might see.

I sucked in a deep breath and walked in Slowly.

My heart dropped as I looked at the boy I loved in the hospital bed I put him in.

His eyes were closed, a oxygen masked connected to his face a couple inches from were a bruise had spread around his eye.

A cast was dangling from his left leg.

He looked so pale, so dead.

I felt tears form in my eyes.

It felt weird, I haven't cried in years, but I let them fall.

"I'm so sorry, Rowan."I ran my fingertips gently down his face making sure to not get in contact with any bruises.

I sat down in the chair beside his bed.

"Rowan, about what I said when we... when we kissed, I didn't mean any of that I swear, I was just scared and shocked. You caught me off guard. I don't know what to do."I watched as his chest rose and fell.

I knew he couldn't hear me and that he'd be asleep for the whole night.

"I love you Rowan, I really do, at first I wasn't sure but now..."I felt unwanted tears fall again.

I felt foolish, blubbering like a infant to an unconscious man. But I also felt relieved from letting all this off my chest.

But at the moment all that mattered was that a person a care about was in the hospital because of me.

Maybe I would be better with Kenny, I couldn't risk anyone else getting hurt.

I'm pretty sure if he knew were to find Rowan then he knew were we lived.

I couldn't let anyone else get hurt because of me.

I rose up from my chair, I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath, thinking about what I was going to do.

I opened my eyes and leaned down to give Rowan a kiss on the lips, our kiss goodbye.

I strode out my room and out the hospital ignoring Amber's calls for me.

I made it down the street before a car pulled up beside me.

"I knew you'd make the smart chose."

"Shut the fuck up Kenny and just take me home."

He smirked ignoring my tone."I like the sound of that."

I hopped in the passenger seat and he sped off down the street.

I couldnt help but feel as though I hamd let down everyone who has tried to help me.

"Don't worry about them, life goes on, give them a couple months and they'll forget all about you."

That's what I was afraid of.