Leviathan Strength ("I won't leave you...")

Zane (P.O.V)
She sinks faster and faster, the freezing water swallowing her down deeper. I frantically rip out my sword from my belt and throw it down on the ice. I proceed to do the same with my armour eventually left in nothing but my under clothes. The heavy armour lays on the ice as I make my way down into the water after her. When I open my eyes it makes no difference, it's pitch black and no matter where I look I can't find her. Where is she! I need some sort of light ,something, anything! I force my way back up to the surface for air and an idea sparks into my head as I gasp for air. My Leviathan form glows but I don't know if it will be enough to see her! I have to try... I can't lose her!
It's not difficult for me to get extremely angry at the thought of that and my body starts to twist and morph into a terrifying creature. My skin beginning to radiate and I make my way back down into the pitch black water. The light is dim but it's just enough for me to catch a glimmer of Aphmau's body, about to reach the bottom of the lake. I start to claw at the water, swimming with all my strength to reach her before it's too late. My fingers finally reach her and I grab onto her torso. I use my other arm to swim my way to the surface still praying to Irene that she is alive. Once I break through the water I give a huge gasp for air and climb my way out of the icy layer, I place Aphmau down on the floor to check her pulse. It's so faint I can barely feel it. My Leviathan form starts to peel away leaving my on the icy cradling Aphmau frantically trying to think of what to do.
She continues to get colder and colder in my arms her breathing coming to a halt.
"no...NO!" I lay her down and try my best to push my hands down firmly on her chest to start up her breathing again. I keep trying but I have no idea what I'm doing! I finally try forcing air in through her mouth still hopeful but nothing can stop my eyes watering as I keep repeating and repeating the movements without any luck. Defeated I pull her up into my arms letting out a small whimper, I have never felt so alone or so helpless in my life. Hesitantly...I try again but this time I press harder until I feel her ribs break beneath the pressure and with that..she sparks to life.
She coughs up large amounts of water and I roll her over to her side relieved. She screams from the pain of her broken ribs and starts to sob; I hush her.
"Hey..hey! Look at me! You're going to be alright!" Her breathing starts to steady, " I know it hurts but I need to get you back to the palace". She nods still clutching her waist and I go to lift her up. She winces and I hush her again and lift her into my arms in one, unfortunately painful for her, movement . She clings onto me, her head buried into my chest. I race to the palace with Thorgi racing on behind us. I leave my sword and armour I don't care about it, all I care about is her. When the palace spires come into view I find the strength in me to run faster and faster. Jeffory still remains at the door from where I left him before setting out to retrieve Aphmau. "Jeffory!" I yell "Help!" He instantly sees me and runs towards me and Aphmau carefully helping me lift her inside. We lay her on a long sofa in the hall way the girl still crying beneath me.
"What happened?!" He says a lot more seriously than I've ever heard him.
"She feel into the lake and I had to break her ribs to start her breathing again! Get a doctor! Now!" I say to Jeffory.
"Hey! Calm down, OK!" He grabs my shoulders roughly then turns to look at her, "you'll be alright Aphmau I promise." He squeezes her hand for a second reassuringly and returns to look at me, "Stay with her while I get the doctor. Stay calm!"
"As if I would leave her!" Is what I want to say to him but he has already darted out of the room.
"Z-zane!" Aphmau winces grabbing onto my shirt, I hold her hand and stroke her forehead.
"Don't worry... The doctors on their way." I try and use a calm voice but I'm just as scared as she is. I stay close to her all through the night, shielding her as she continues to cling onto me. "I won't leave you..."