Chapter 23

Friends With Benefits In LOVE

CHAPTER 23

Jermayne:

After I was done with two of my major surgeries, I went back home and didn't find Jared.

May be he is busy with any of his business he came for. Thank God I gave him my spare key.

I went straight for a shower, but ended up sleeping for sometime in my bathtub.

Then after taking a hot shower, tyiny bathrobe around me, I exited my bathroom.

I found a black and white strapless spaghetti dress on my bed with a note on it.

Which said:

'Wear this tonight please.
- Jared.'

I looked at the dress. It was indeed beautiful and simple.

After rubbing moisturising lotion on my body and applying the required makeup.

Using mascara to highlight my eyed and dark red lipstick to make my lips look better, I wore the dress given by Jared.

I paired it with dark red studs, clutch and dark red heels that matched my lips.

I checked the time and it was 7.32pm in my phone.

Sliding my phone in my clutch, I went to the living room to find grinning Jared in a three piece suit.

He looked handsome like ever.

"Good evening, beautiful. Are you ready for the night?" He winked at me and I didn't miss the double meaning in his tone.

"I was born ready!" I pushed my chin up un the air making his chuckle and shake his head.

"Then, let's start the night, shall we, my lady?" He gave me his arm to hold on to.

I slid my arm across his. "Sure." I returned his grin and locking my apartment, we left.

----------------------------------------------

The car ride was peaceful.

Jared suddenly reached for my hand and squeezed it, gently.

I looked at him and found him smiling at me.

I smiled back at him, but felt awkward.

No matter how much I tried to, I couldn't push the awkwardness away.

I wasn't comfortable with going on a date with him, but I had to make up for what I did to him.

The city is new to him and I left him alone here. On top of it, he is staying at my place, as my guest.

It was rude of me to leave him alone almost of the time.

I felt guilt rushing through me asi looked at his smiling face.

We were sat in the car and Sam was driving it.