Chapter Six

• Jayden •

"Who are you?" A voice asked, almost echoing inside my head.

"He's an intruder. Where's our Zara?" Another one demanded.

I collapsed onto the floor, Sam still banging on the door as Taylor started wailing. I pulled my, or should I say Zara's soft legs close to her/my body, cradling her head in her dainty hands.

The door burst open, but I didn't bother to see who it was - these two voices were becoming too much.

Someone suddenly hugged me, and I recognised it as my own, or Zara's body for now. She had dumped a duffle bag by the door, and I hugged her back tightly.

"I'm so sorry," she mumbled.

"Where did you go?" I got out.

"I had to grab a few things from my apartment. Imagine a box and put the two lights inside one each. It'll stop the voices." She coxed gently.

I nodded once, closing my eyes normally now, and finding two lights inside my mind. I was suddenly sucked away, out of control, suddenly one of the lights.

What's going on?!

"Hello, intruder." One light said, a glowing yellowish light, looking like an aura being swayed around in the one place in a little circle.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"Where's our Zara?" Another light, this one a dark red, to the other side of me asked.

"We've somehow switched bodies, and I don't understand how." I explained, telling the truth.

"Hmm, may I take control and speak to her?" The yellow one asked.

"May I just let her know first? She'll be freaking out." I reasoned.

"You have two minutes." The dark red one stated, and I was back in control again. I blinked a few times, rubbing my eyes.

"Yellow and dark red. Yellow and dark red." I repeated, rubbing my eyes; still seeing the lights.

"Jayden?" Zara asked, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I jumped. "The yellow light wants to talk to you,"

She nodded once. "Go on."

I got sucked back in again, seeing both lights once again. This was surreal.

"What did she say?" The dark red demanded again.

"She will talk to yellow."