Zara-Melanie

• Zara •

I pursed my lips, frowning at Ari, one of my guards.

"Ari, are you of any better understanding of anything negative just then? It seems they were upset with me,"

He shook his head. "No, my radiance, I was merely protecting you against a potential threat, which is such my duty to you."

I nodded, "These were also my thoughts. Shall we go find her to ensure she is alright or leave her be?"

He placed his fist on his heart for a moment. "Whatever you wish, I will protect you, my radiance."

I set off on a walk, slightly faster than I was used to as the halls were empty. I kept my chin high and could hear Ari close beside me keeping pace easily. "We will find her after our meeting with the head of the school, should we have a chance."

"As you wish, my radiance."

From my researching experience on the jet plane over to here, this was proving to be a practical experience on one of the examples I'd read about on the language they spoke. Well, I suppose I should act on the internet's advice and agree to a pleasant nickname... I think this is what that website would have called a 'term of endearment' for a friend.

"It seems coming to school as practice first was a good idea, I still have a lot to learn about gaining allies," I thought aloud to myself, frowning at the corridors as I walked. 

My eye caught on a map on a wall nearby, and I slowed down to walk closer to it, to find where I was going. It seemed we were on the wrong side of the building. I smiled to myself, nodding once at the map before walking back the way we had come. 

"My radiance, are you sure I shouldn't call them directly to escort you to the exact locations? your time is precious, I do not want you to waste it."

I kept walking, Ari keeping pace with me easily.  

"I cannot always depend on my subjects for such easy answers. I must use my own intellect in new situations such as this as practice, as this is all a test to myself to ensure I am ready to reign Alornai."

Walking back down the way we had come, we found the room. Ari knocked on the door for me, opening the door and a respectful bow, with his fist on his heart once more, and walking in after me. I nodded towards my other guard within the school, Elijah, who stood on the other side of the room in the corner, keeping an eye on the door. Upon my entrance, he raised his right fist to his heart, which Ari matched again. 

"Thank you, both. Greetings, Mr. Evans, I hope you are well."

He nodded, dabbing his brow with his hankerchief and gesuring his hand to the chair in front of him as he sat on the other side of his desk. I sat carefully, as Elijah moved his back in front of the small window and Ari stood with his back to the door. 

"Yes, thank you, your highness. I do appriciate your presence here and we will do anything for your safety and comfort. Our leader is supporting our close relationship in whatever way, so please let us know however we can help."

I smiled politely. "Of course, I do appriciate this greatly. I do hope my arrival here has not caused any major inconveniences to you and your staff. In order to cause the least attention to myself, i thought I would gain experience in a school to try to gain allies my own age and learn other skills I normally wouldn't have a chance to undertake."

Mr Evans nodded eagerly. "I must agree with your there, I am very impressed your majesty."

"Oh, that reminds me. In Alornai, it's a customised royalty term type... arrangement? I think thats the word I should use in this situation?"I glanced at Ari, who gave a short nod. "You see, 'your majesty' is a currently reigning king or queen, and 'your highness' is the child or children of the regining members. However, if you wouldn't mind, in front of the students I would prefer if you didn't use any royal terms such as these, for obvious reasons." 

Mr Evans nodded. "Of course, your highness. My apologies for making the mistake on terms, I'm not used to being around royalty, I'm sure you can imagine."

I cleared my throat with a smile. "I'm sure, I'm trying to learn how to speak more like yourself, rather than so... royal." 

Mr Evans chuckled. "Of course,"