Chapter 3~ Dream, and Shadows.

The next night after school, Sophie and Jack lay together on her bed. Jack played with her hair while she cuddled to his side, blissfully tracing the icicle designs clustered on his midnight blue hoodie.

"Jack? How come they're not cold?"

"Hmm?" He asked, slightly confused.

"How come the frost isn't cold?" She asked again, specifying this time.

"Oh." He chuckled before continuing, "... Just warning you, this is going to sound corny."

Sophie turned her head to look at him. "Okay."

She laid her cheek on his chest, listening to his breathing become slightly unsteady. She made Jack nervous; whereas he enthralled her.

"Because, you warm my heart." He grimaced, feeling his cheeks flush red. Sophie grinned, enjoying the color the statement brought to his face.

"Is that it?" She teased, looking at him coyly.

"What else is there?" Jack looked at her again, a mischievous glint in her sea-green eyes.

"There's more than one type of attraction, Jack."

Sophie traced her finger along his stomach to his waist and up again. Jack's breathing hitched, his skin growing warm upon her touch. She smirked, feeling the temperature change beneath her hands. Cocking her head to the side, she smirked, loving the newfound control she had over him. Something flashed in Jack's eyes as he suddenly flipped over, pinning Sophie down beneath him. Raising her eyebrows, Sophie fought to keep a straight face.

"Whoa there, Frost. You sure this is within the rules to do this?"

She asked uneasily, hoping that it wouldn't matter even if it was against the rules. Sophie hoped that she could be with Jack because she loved him with every molecule of her being. She loved him more than life itself, and even though she was now informed that Jack felt the same, she still felt like an idiot. The feeling was still new to her. There was an ache in her chest that she couldn't even begin to explain.

"Positive."

He stated, leaning down and kissing Sophie. She kissed back, tangling her legs with Jacks and flipping them back over. A sudden thought crossed her mind and she froze. The feeling that someone was watching them and the premonition that something bad was going to happen made Sophie stop. It was dark in her room. And her lava lamps were not working.

"Jack."

She whimpered. Realizing what Sophie meant, he quickly stood to turn on the lights. Something darted from beneath Sophie's bed, tripping Jack. He grabbed his staff and shot at it. The creature seemed to scream in pain.

"Pitch ... Is... Is that you?"

Sophie stuttered, not used to him being violent. The thing hissed; retreating under Sophie's bed as Jack switched on the light. Sophie stared at the spot the creature had been in just moments before. It was a black ink blot of a creature, with a dog-like face and blood red eyes.

"Soph, you alright?"

Jack questioned, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. It was then she realized she was shaking.

"I don't know. I had a dream the other night with that... That thing in it. It had attacked Pitch. There was more than just one, but the one that just attacked you... I recognized for some reason. Anyway, Pitch kept screaming this name... I think it was his daughter's. But he was hurt Jack. Those things were hurting him. I think... Well I think that they're bored with Pitch. The creatures kept whispering a different name though... They wanted...."