Some old friends explain.

The hunters of Artemis walked towards their cabin cheering. Guardian stood in the shadows watching them. He saw campers glaring at them and he saw 7 boys glaring at one young hunter and griping their swords. Half of them had massive bruises. Guardian smirked, the thought of the young hunter taking down these seven boys was incredibly funny.

That night all the campers and hunters ate dinner, guardian sat on a tree branch outside the pavilion eating a cold chicken leg. The hunters didn't like him much and didn't want a boy sitting at their table. They had never had to tell guardian to not sit at their table and guardian had never tried to sit at their table. He had just finished his chicken when he heard a sound. It sounded like humming. The hunters were safe so he went exploring. He didn't know what he had expected but it certainly wasn't what he found. The humming was coming from a massive fountain that was surrounded by six people. The fountain had a statue in it that was made of gold. It was a statue of Percy Jackson. He was holding a sword in his right hand and his left hand was raised. It took guardian a moment to recognise the sword Percy was holding. It was riptide. It wasn't actually riptide, it was a replica but it looked very good and it had fool Guardian when he first looked at it. He looked at his current sword. It was a mixture of Stygian iron, celestial bronze, imperial gold and steel. It could kill any creature known to man, including man. It was weighted perfectly just as riptide had been but guardian didn't like this sword. It had no history or experience it didn't even have a name. Statue Percy's left hand was raised and water was surging from the ground, as if Percy was using his Poseidon powers, and then crashing back to the fountain. Surrounding the fountain were six people. Nico di angelo, will solace, frank Zhang, hazel levasque, Rachel Dare and Clarisse la rue. Nico had his head on will's shoulder, hazel and frank were holding hands and Rachel and Clarisse were staring at the statue with their arms crossed. Everyone of them was humming. It was a sad slow tune and they came to a stop on slowly. There was a plaque attached to the fountain, it said.

Percy Jackson
Son, Fiancé, leader, hero.
1993-2012
Tragedy took him from us to soon.

Guardian growled, this plaque made it sound as if his death had been an accident. What really happened was that his fiancée had stabbed him in the back with a celestial bronze dagger. This meant that the few seconds Percy was alive after the stab were spent in agony because of the celestial bronze.

Guardian jumped down from the tree and landed next to frank and hazel without making a sound. Frank was more muscular and hazel looked stunning and dangerous at the same time. "Last time I was around camp half blood everyone hated Percy Jackson" guardian said clearly. Will Solace and Rachel whipped around startled by the words that had been spoken out of the blue. Clarisse, frank and hazel seemed a bit shocked by the fact that a man was standing next to them and they hadn't even noticed but as soon as the surprise had appeared on their face it was gone as they got in battle stances and scowled at the man. Nico didn't even register the fact that guardian was there, being through Tartarus changed people, guardian knew that first hand.  It abolished the concept of fear from someone's mind. Only three mortal people had been through Tartarus and survived, Percy, Nico and Annabeth. Guardian looked forward to the day that he reintroduced fear in Annabeth's heart. Nico turned slowly towards guardian and looked at him with a look of mild annoyance. "Aren't you  the guy who disarmed me and broke Annabeth's nose."  Nico asked.
"Yup that would be me" guardian answered as he lent against a tree.
Nico looked at guardian for a while and then said "good job."
"Thanks, but seriously what happened at this camp" guardian asked.
Nico sat down on the fountain and Clarisse, frank, hazel, will solace and Rachel leaned on the fountain.
"It started 15 years ago, life was good, we'd won the second giant war 2 years prior and the gods were about to spend more time with all their children. Even the big three gods started to have more children, Zeus has three kids, which Hera isn't happy about. Poseidon has seven and hades has five. But then everything changed in one day. During that day it was like no one had controls over their bodies we all suddenly had the urge to kill Percy. We believed he had betrayed us to Gaia. However some of us resisted the urge. We were the people who cared about Percy the most and didn't hate him at all. Which was me, Rachel, Clarisse surprisingly, frank and Hazel. I am sad to say my boyfriend disliked Percy a bit but we don't need to go into that right now. Anyway eventually we snapped out of the spell and when we realised what we'd done nearly everyone broke down crying because Percy was dead. Then the gods gave the remaining six of the seven immortality and they also gave the praetors and leaders of cabins immortality so that the same thing would never happen again and so that they could train the best fighters and be ready for the upcoming war and...."
"Whoa whoa whoa, what do you mean upcoming war?" Guardian stopped Nico.
"Well when we snapped out of the spell a voice spoke to us all. He said that he had just taken away the only thing that could have won us the upcoming war. He then warned us that we should leave the planet because he would soon be taking it. He didn't say when he was coming. No one takes it seriously because it's been fifteen years but the fact remains that that voice took away our free will and kill Percy."
"But the spell only worked on those who hated Percy." Guardian said. Nico thought for a bit.
"That's true, I guess it exploited the hate we felt towards Percy and caused everyone to kill him." Nico said.
"That's not an excuse, a part of all of them hated him and a part of all of them wanted him dead." Guardian raged.
"Who exactly are you?" Nico asked.
"My names Guardian, I knew percy."
"My names Nico this is..." Nico was cut off as a massive sound came to their hears as dinner ended and kids started flooding out of the dinning pavilion.
"Frank, Hazel, Rachel, Clarisse and will, I know who you all are but I have to go. See ya." And with that guardian stepped back into the shadows and disappeared.