General Grievous

Anakin's POV

He started at the lightsaber in his hand. The familiar hilt, the blue blade that matched his own. He couldn't believe Obi-Wan was captured. He had just seen him, only an hour ago! And then there were the clones, more deaths. Anakin Skywalker sighed, so much for the easy mission. He wished Padme were there, she'd know what to say.

"What are going to do Master?" Ahsoka asked, standing beside him.

He set his jaw, so far since they'd arrived, their ship had been blown up, they'd been attacked and massacred, left with little to no resources and now Obi-Wan had been kidnapped.

"We're going to find Obi-Wan." He said.

Ahsoka frowned, "I'm all for it, but we have to be careful don't we? We've already been beaten three times."

Anakin shook his head, "I know, that's why you and I will go and survey that tower. We'll each take forty men."

"Ok...but who's going to stay here in command?"

"Rex of course." Anakin said.

"Got it! I'll go tell him." She turned to go, but Anakin stopped her.

"Wait Snips." She paused at looked up at him, "Be mindful ok? There are a lot of droids out there, let the Force guide you."

She nodded, "I will Master." With that she stood and headed after Rex.

Anakin closed his eyes in thought. He hoped he wasn't making a huge mistake.

~   ~   ~

Anakin looked around the ridge, into yesterday's battle zone. Huge craters and rocks were strewn about, along with- he turned back behind the rock. Along with the fallen clones. He glanced at the men he and Ahsoka had brought.

"Alright, lets make this crossing quick, we'll be out in the open and exposed." He paused, "And, keep your heads on straight men."

He moved to stand but Ahsoka spoke. "Master, my men and I will take that ridge." She pointed to a rocky, steep ridge on their right.

"From there we can watch the tower from atop that cliff." Anakin followed her gaze to a huge plateau in the West.  It stood hundreds of feet above the battle ground, and it would give the perfect vantage point of the tower.

Anakin nodded, "Good idea, you guys move first."

Ahsoka gathered her men and they began their climb.

Obi-Wan's POV

Kenobi hung from the ceiling, hands bound on a hook. It was almost insulting, how low he was to the ground, his feet only centimeters above it. The room he was in was large, and open. Only a control panel and a table filled the space.

The door opened and in clanked Grievous. Arms clasped behind his back, breath wheezing as he came to a stop before the Jedi.

"I don't expect this to be easy, but it can be." The cyborgs dead yellow eyes gazed at Obi-Wan, who looked back blandly.

"Contact the Jedi Council and get another member here."

Obi-Wan frowned, "What do you want with another member of the Council, Grievous?"

He leered, "You'll see Kenobi."

Ahsoka's POV

Ahsoka slipped, taking another step. The ground was loose, it kept crumbling beneath their feet into piles of dust and pebbles. She glanced behind her, the clones were struggling too, but at least they were almost to the top.