Chapter 10 Slade's Promise

"Slade!" yelled Oliver. "Where is she? Tell me where she is!"
"Oh she's fine, that's a promise, kid. You know I don't break my promises," answered Slade coolly.
"Tell me. Now," said Oliver, drawing his bow back, Roy doing the same.

Diggle took out his gun and said, "He asked you a question. Give him an answer or you won't see the light of day again."

"Please put the gun away. It won't scare me, just annoy me," chuckled Slade.
Diggle took out a second gun, pointing it at Slade's heart.
"Start talking. Now," yelled Roy.

"Okay, let me explain," said a new voice as a man walked into the room from a side door, previously unseen by Oliver. "Hi Oliver. Haven't seen you in a while."
"Ray? What happened to you? What are you doing? Tell me," demanded Oliver.
"One second. Give me some time. "
"No, tell me now. Tell me why you took Felicity away, why you brought her here. Tell me!!!!" threatened Oliver in his deep arrow voice.
"Okay, fine. Let me start at the beginning," said Ray, pacing the room. Oliver watched his every move, bow ready to be released. "So, you know about the earthquake, a few years back. The one your mother caused. That earthquake that killed hundreds of people? Yeah that one. That earthquake also happened to kill my girlfriend Anna. Anna was my person, the person I could talk to at the end of everyday, she was the person I wanted to wake up to every morning and she was my everything." Palmer seemed to have a blank expression on his face, as if he could see Anna with him in that very room.

"I'm sorry that she died Ray, but that was half a decade ago. Why are you doing this to me now? Why are you taking Felicity from me? You used to love her."

"No!" yelled Ray. "You do not get to tell me that I have to get over Anna's death just because time passed. That pain that you have been feeling for the last few weeks, that pain has haunted me for the last 5 years!!! She was my one true love. Oliver, she wasn't just my girlfriend, she was my fiancé. She was the women I was supposed to be with forever. But your mother killed her."

"I'm sorry, Ray. I'm sorry she died. But this isn't fair. Why hurt felcity. She's innocent." pleaded Oliver. "Please, just tell me where Felicity is. I remember you as a kind person. Anna wouldn't have wanted this."

"Don't you ever tell me what Anna would have wanted. She's gone because of your family, Queen. I am rich, but I never hurt a soul for more money. Your family hurt hundreds. So this year, I realized, your family never paid for your crimes. Your mother got off the hook somehow, and only your family name was tainted. Then I remembered. There was a man who hated you just as much as I did," explained Ray.

"Me. That's right, kid. I promised you I would take away everything from you. You lost your mother, your father, your friend, your life, your company, but somehow you still had hope. I didn't know how that was possible for you to still have a light inside of you. But then I realized it was because you had someone in your life. She is your light. She guides you, she completes you. And without her, you are NOTHING. She is the reason you kept fighting. So that's when I realized how I could end you. I did the very same thing you did to me, and Mr Palmer here. I decided to take away the woman you love." said Slade, his voice like ice.

"So I devised a plan. I am a very smart man, Oliver. I told Slade about my plan and he was onboard. Step 1: I would kidnap Felicity, making sure to give you a way to track who it was. Fingerprints, a strand of hair. Step 2: I would let you suffer for a week. Let you feel the pain that I have with for years, and let you lose all the hope in the world. Step 3: When you finally thought it was a lost cause, I would purposely have Felicity being dragged into this building caught on video. Step 4: You would come here, where I make it look like I have no guards, you would find this room. Step 5: You will find me, and Mr. Wilson. Step 6: Felicity dies in front of your eyes the way I had to watch my fiancé die. I want to make you feel helpless like I did. And I want you to live with the guilt of not being able to protect her for the rest of your life. Then, revenge plan is completed and I have taken everything from you," explained Palmer, smiling at the last part.

"No! You killed her. Please tell me you didn't kill her! Slade! We were brothers. Slade!!!!" yelled Oliver, turning to face Slade.

"I promised you kid. She is alright, at least for now. I want you to see her die, I want to see your face when her body hits the floor. I want to hear you beg me not to kill her. I want you to know how I feel! Because only when you hold her motionless body in your arms, only when you see the blood drain from her face and the light leave her eyes, only then will you know how I feel!"

"Never," said Oliver. He ran forward, attacking Slade.
"We need back up now!!!" yelled Diggle into his com.
"Seize them!" yelled Palmer, and out of no where over 50 guards in blue uniforms appeared, almost as if it was out of thin air, and there was nothing Oliver or Diggle or Roy could do. They were surrounded, with guns pointed at their heads. And soon enough they put their hands up. They were caught.

The plan had failed.

A/N I HAD SO MUCH TIME TODAY I GOT TO UPDATE A LOT. I HOPED YOU ENJKYED READING THIS STORY. ITS ALMOST AT AN END, BUT NOT YET!!! PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

NEXT UPDATE AT 1.4k READS!