7. The Empty Town

I.
We grew up from the same part of town where nothing really happens. All of us were just there to live, to continue living, and then to die.

II.
The only thing that was yearning in that place was our eyes.

III.
We used to run along the empty streets at night, taking the chance while the townspeople were asleep. But there were flames in our hearts and we started to burn--- and we let the town catch fire with us and in an instant the old folks came out from their sleep with buckets of water to stop the fire.

IV.
I went away with the wind like the ashes so I can escape the town and the empty people. But now there's something in the town's emptiness that's now inside of me.

V.
I felt the need to feel again, and I wandered far away to learn how to really feel. I traveled from people to people like they were places, and again there was a flame inside of me that was starting to burn everyone I came across with.

VI.
That was when I knew I was not the fire. I was the fuel.

VII.
I went home, back in town. I walked along the empty streets with such bursting flames that it was like the whole town was burning again, and the townspeople could not even look into my eyes now. I laughed in triumph until I saw you again, and you could not look into my eyes anymore.

VIII.
It was clear to me that you were not going to burn with me like before, because when I look into your eyes I could see the wholeness of this empty town, if there was such a thing.