Ch 5

Elle's POV

I got up and and saw a sleeping Niccolò beside me. His arm draped over his head. And his gorgeous toned body naked with the exception of the duvet wrapped around his waist. I guess I wore him out more than I thought. Niccolò was aesthetically pleasing. Scratch that, very aesthetically pleasing. He was 6'1 with black hair and cute hazel eyes. He was born in Milan and his father is a wealthy entrepreneur that James works with. In contrast to how he acts, he is indeed a sweet, thoughtful man. He has a façade of being an assh*le playboy, but he's actually the complete opposite of that.

I know I should leave him because he deserves so much better. But believe it or not, I need him. He's the only reason I kept my sanity. I had to deal with the man I love flaunting his sex life in my face and I live with him for god's sake! I inwardly slapped myself. I'm with Niccolò! I should focus on him and try to forget James.

I kiss Niccolò's cheek and he suddenly fluttered his eyes open. "You're leaving?" he says groggily. "Yea, it's still early, you should go back to sleep." He nods and I peck him on the lips and leave.

I entered through the front doors, to find the mansion completely barren. Usually it's pretty busy around this time in the morning. I tiptoed to my room hoping that I wouldn't wake up anyone. I headed to my room and sat in my vanity. I was too tired to even bother with turning on the light. I yelped when I saw a figure sitting behind me through the mirror. I exhaled and visibly relaxed when I noticed it was James.

He looked... odd. Even through the darkness, I could see his eyes were blood shot red with dark circles underneath. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday and he was holding a half empty whiskey bottle. "Jamie?" I asked. "Are you alright?" I stepped closer towards him and knelt in front of him, my hands on his knee and shoulder. He didn't answer, he didn't even look at me.

After a while of this, he finally spoke. "Are you back together with Niccolò?" I was shocked. "What do you mean?" I ask. He stood up and glared at me. "Cut the crap, Elena! I saw you at the parking lot yesterday!" I stuttered, "I-I... am"

"Since when?!" He hissed. I didn't answer. "Well?!" He shouted. "...S-Since the lunch, three days ago. He contacted me afterwards." I gritted my teeth. I didn't want to lie because in fact, a year after Niccolò and I broke up, we saw each other again at a club. And rekindled our old fire. We decided to be sex friends. Exclusive sex friends more like it because we don't actually sleep with anyone else. It's been two years since then.

James pinched the bridge of his nose, "And why was I not informed?"

"Because I knew you would react like this!" I stood up and faced him.

"Of course I would! Niccolò will just hurt you again!"

"But 'I' decided to take that risk and give him a second chance, James! I'm a big girl. I don't need you to make every decision for me!"

"Fine!" He growled as he stormed out of my room and slammed the door shut. I fell on my knees and cried. Why did he have to act like this. When he does things like this, he gives me hope. Damn him! Why did I have to love such an assh*le?!