Chapter 1.18 (The House Cup)

(Tom Felton as Draco Lucius Malfoy)

Here's to the nights that turned into mornings with the friends that turned into family. -unknown

So this is the final storyline chapter of this book. A Marauder chapter will follow soon. I don't exactly know when I'll upload The woman in the mirror, which is the second book, because I made a huge change last minute so I'll need to rewrite some things.

I hope you'll enjoy it!
Love, Pip

♡♡♡♡

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
June 22 1992

Voices.

Whispers.

They were familiar, comforting, safe.

Her father was the first person she recognised. "Why isn't she waking up?"

"The amount of magical energy has worn her out. She needs rest to get it back."

"How did she even...how did she figure it out?"

"One can only guess..." The second voice was Dumbledore. He sighed deeply and she felt a long fingers brush through her hair. "How I wish..."

"She can't know, Albus. We promised to protect her. This whole affair revealed too much already. He must have recognised her. He may have told..."

She strained to hear more but the voices moved away as Madam Pomfrey ushered the two men out. The last thing she caught Dumbledore saying was, "Aurora will know what to do." Whatever that was supposed to mean.

She fell asleep before being woken again by a soft hand, holding hers. Someone was crying. "Oh, please, wake up, Ara." A female voice cried. "The Stone is safe. Dumbledore destroyed it. Harry almost died. The effort involved in keeping Quirrell away from the Stone..it nearly killed him. Quirrell is dead. You-Know-Who just fled, leaving him to die. I got back all right and brought Ron around." She hiccuped. "He's awake. Just when I was about to fly out the trapdoor, Dumbledore came through. He looked really worried. He asked where you were and if you were with Harry and after that he just left us, storming into the hall with the chessboard."

Madam Pomfrey asked Hermione to leave. Hermione gave her hand a soft squeeze before letting go.

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, England
June 24 1992

"...The end-of-year feast is in two days. The points are all in and Slytherin won, of course. Without Potter, Ravenclaw won the last Quidditch match easily. I always said that the Gryffindor team sucked. Don't tell Scarhead I said this but...he's pretty talented. He's still unconcious." He stopped talking and took a deep breath.

"Please wake up." His voice almost begging. "We are so worried about you. They won't tell us what exactly happened down there although... everyone pretty much knows. Yet somehow no one has any idea what happened to you. They said that you were the one who eventually killed Quirrell. Accidently, of course. He was basically already dying...Jace is waiting outside...He's really worried. Selena threatened to floo to Hogwarts on her own if you weren't waking up. She's throwing a tantrum like only she can..."

Artemis felt a soft hand caress her cheek. "Please...just wake up soon, okay? Then I can go back to hating Potter instead of being here so close to him. You should be proud of me. I didn't so much as draw something on his face..."

~~~~

"...Well...Voldemort said that he only killed my mother because she tried to stop him from killing me. But why would he want to kill me in the first place?"