Prologue ~

*Author's P.o.v*

A girl wearing a big yellow dress ran desperately down the street. She had long flowing black hair with natural white highlights. She panted gentle breaths as she stood in front of the large pink building.

"So big!" she awed at the golden gate guarded place. "Can't believe Iita-kun and I are going to be going here!"

She prepared to enter the building, but was stopped as she heard a gentle, "Matte kudasai, Miyo-chan!"

The girl turned around in shock. "What are you doing Iitaka!" she yelled without thinking about honorifics.

He stood in front of her with a rather large bento in hand wearing a large cotton candy blue sweater that almost went to his knees, white skinny jeans, black converse and a warm looking scarf.

"A-arigato," said the girl as she took the bento. "But! You're not supposed to see the school until tomorrow!"

"Don't worry," said Iitaka as he giggled. "I haven't even glanced at it!"

The girl sighed and said, "You better not look."

"Hai, hai," said Iitaka as he turned around while closing his eyes tight. "Plus, I want to be surprised too."

The girl smiled. "See you later, Iita-chan!"

"See you later, Miyoko," Iitaka then turned around, eyes still closed, and stuck his tongue out at Miyoko in a playful way.

Miyoko rolled her eyes. "His ways of payback are rather childish." She then giggled and went into the school.

As Miyoko went on with her first day at school, Iitaka...

"Kya!" Iitaka squealed as he finished unpacking at home. "I only saw a bit! It looked so pink! I'm a sucker for the color!"

Iitaka happily finished packing and then lay in bed.

"It's going to be an hour until Miyo-chan get's home from school," Iitaka said as he sighed.

He then rolled around a bit.

"So boring!" Iitaka eventually shouted.

Iitaka then stood and decided to go out for a little jog. Iitaka eventually arrived at a convenience store and browsed through the aisles.

"Huh?" he said as he looked at the girl... guy? No, girl...?

He saw her? trying to reach the top shelf.

"I got it," he said, and then realized that he was about the same size as the girl?, maybe shorter.

"Thank you, but I'll go get someone who works here," said the brunette as she walked away.

Iitaka sighed as the girl? came back with a taller person. The man reached up and easily grabbed the instant coffee.

"Here you go miss," said the glasses wearing man as he handed the coffee to her?.

"Thank you," said the girl?.

Iitaka pouted slightly as he felt his manliness be shot down a few notches,

The glasses man glanced at him and blushed. Iitaka not catching this, apologized to the brunette lady?.

"It's okay," said the brunette.

"By the way," Iitaka said... For some reason he had the urge to tell her? his name. "I'm Iitaka, my first name anyway."

"Haruhi," responded the girl?.

"Haruhi, are you a girl... I didn't mean it in a rude way!"

'It should be fine to tell him, right?' thought Haruhi. "Yes," she responded. "I am (A/n: Haru.) a girl."

Iitaka then nodded and said, "Well, have a good day!"

Haruhi nodded and waved good bye.

Iitaka then left, still not noticing the blushing young staff member.