Chapter Six: Mates

Night fell and I got ready for bed. I was still ravenous for blood, but not as much from earlier. I've packed my things and dad will be with my when I go to the summer house. Spencer is pissed that we're isolating me instead of guarding me from this Darkness. I shimmied out if my jeans and I folded back my sheets. I tuned off the light and walked to my bed.

"Bed already?" Spencer asked.

"You shouldn't be here. You're at risk."

"I'm just as much at risk with getting hit by a car as I am standing here with you. Nothing is wrong with you."

"What's the real reason you balcony hopped over here?"

"I didn't get much time with you." He stepped inside and closed the door. "You vanished a lot during these pass few nights."

"Well I've been dragged, attacked and hungry so..."

"Do you remember secret agents Williams and Stewarts?" He sat on the edge of the bed in front of me.

"Yeah, our code names for when we planned 'missions'." He looked up but not entirely. I forgot my shorts. I embarrassingly slipped back and fell on my ass. He laughed.

"Smooth."

"Close your eyes!"

"Why? I've seen you in your underwear."

"1.) I was 4 and 2.) they were Dora and Boots. I'm 16 and they're lace."

"I can see that." He walked to my bureau and opened the first drawer.

"No! That's my bra...drawer..."

He whistled. "I can see that. Very...lacy."

"Just get away from the bureau." I said while crawling over. He glanced down at me while I opened my bottom drawer, pulled out some shorts, and put them on. "This is why you knock on doors instead of breaking in."

"But I'm a secret agent."

"You're a grown man."

"Touché, but I am smooth like one."

"You shift into a large, furry puppy." I stood up. "I highly doubt that as the same."

"And you drink blood."

I crossed my arms. "And? Your point?"

"We're not the same as before, but that doesn't mean we can't act the same."

"That's exactly what it means." I brushed passed him and opened the balcony. "Leave."

He plopped on my bed. "Nope."

"I'll hurt you."

He put his hands behind his head. "No you won't."

"Try me."

He sat up. "Do it. I'm calling your bluff."

I moved towards my bed and he swung his legs over the edge. I turned the corner of the bed and he started standing up but I shoved him down. I grabbed his hair and ripped it back making him hiss and exposed his neck. I thought of his blood and my canines elongated. I moved my head closer and hissed towards his enticing neck. I felt his pulse quickened and blocked his arms. He grabbed my hair and ripped it back.

"Believe me now?"

"Just making sure you don't kill me, go on have a taste."

I sighed. "Spencer you really don't want me to do this."

"Then don't."

"I can't now," I whimpered. "I'm so close and you smell so good."

"Then do it."