Chapter Five: Blood

He climbed out and my turned for my performance came. I did what I was told and jumped, he caught me thankfully, but was screaming my head off from using my broken ankle full force. He curled me into his sitting body and Aunt Row rushed towards us.

"What's wrong mom?" Spencer asked.

"Is she alright?"

"I'm fine." I panted. "Peachy."

"Hurry home."

"What happened?"

"Your father-"

"Dad? What happened? Is he okay?"

"He's fine. Whatever got you poisoned him somehow. He rejecting it perfectly, but he'd going to be sick for a while."

"I have to see him."

"You're going home. Doctors are waiting to treat you and a full perimeter search is ongoing. We're going to fine whatever this is. Nothing's going to hurt my family."

~

"What did it look like?" Natalie asked.

"A weird cross between a snake/lizard/leech thing that was slimy and oily. It hissed and snarled. I thought it was a birthday prank. A harmless prank." I absentmindedly touched the scratches on my face and the bandages on my arms. My ankles healing, not fully because of the traumatic even but it feels like a sprain now.

Natalie, mom, and aunt Row ever left my side since my bonfire two and a half weeks ago. No one was allowed in or out unless certified. Constant patrolling. Constant questions. I just wanted to get it out of my head. I wanted to see my dad which everyone says is better.

"Excuse me, Alpha Ella, Beta Rowan," a doctor announced.

"Yes?" My mom asked.

"They might have found something. They want you to investigate."

"Has my husband been informed?"

"Yes ma'am. Both your husbands. They are waiting for you and the forensic team."

"Natalie don't not leave her understand?" Aunt Row snapped.

"Yeah mom." Natalie said watching them leave. Five minutes later, she got a phone call.

"Go. Take the call."

"I-"

"Go. I'm not 4, I don't need to be watched, plus I need sleep, anyways."

"Fine," she stepped out and I turned over. "Shout if you need anything."

My stomached clenched achingly painful and I hunched over in fetal position. I set my jaw and rolled my eyes. My stomach growled again and someone came in the room.

"Danielle?" Spencer called. "Are you awake?"

"Hm...yeah. What's up?" I avoided eye contact.

"I want to make sure you were okay," he tilted my head to look at him. "You don't look good."

"I'm fine." A steady pumping sound filled my ears. "You're cut."

"Oh this?" He peeled the bandage from his neck exposing a deep, barely scabbing gash. I mind raced and the smell was so appetizing. I wanted to taste it. I needed to taste blood.

"I need to go." I said urgently. My stomach tightened into a unbearable hunger grip. My throat burned with need. "I have to go."

"Go where?"

"Anywhere." I growled moving for the nearest window. I rolled over the bed and literally dove from the window before Spencer could even blink. I was pretty fast running the woods, but I was faster when I heard the thumping heart of a buck within miles of me.