11. Better Than Revenge

"An eye for an eye would only make the whole world blind." -Mahatma Gandhi

They say to never seek revenge. So what do you do to the person who broke your heart? I say let them be, let karma take charge and maybe if you're lucky, the universe will let you watch.

~~~~~~~~~~

After all four of us - Ethan, Mia, Gav and I went to the movies, we went to that pizza place downtown called Sunny Pizza. It's at the corner down the road from USF along University Drive, so Gav, Mia and I used to go here a lot even in high school with our old friends Maria, Kim and, unluckily - our ex-friend Ashley. It does make me reminisce, but the fact that I'm happier now, made me shook off all those thoughts.

We were halfway with our 18" pizza when, wouldn't fate play with us sarcastically, Ashley along with her college friends and Liam were all just upstairs eating in the same pizza parlor as we are. They were probably here first, but no one knew because they were at the second level. Liam looked ridiculously miserable based on his face while Ashley tries to maintain her I'm-still-above-you attitude. I didn't know any of her minions nor do I plan on even saying hi to her. After my eyes skimmed the place and after looking at them for a few seconds, I looked at my plate and try to munch on chips.
After a while, I heard a familiar evil voice I wished to never hear again. I felt chills down my spine - in a bad way.

"Look at we have here! Gavin Mason. I haven't seen you in forever!" Ashley screeched. She's wearing a flashy short dress, they might came from a party of some sort earlier this evening because she usually dress like this only on parties. Heck that I know that.

"Hey Ashley. I would want to stay in chat about how high school ruined you, but I'd rather you be scarce right now or I'll punch the life out of your boyfriend." Gav can be murderous at times. But I hope he won't do anything physically. This could end badly. As in really bad.
Liam looked nervous and also weird for giving Ethan the stink eye. He doesn't even know him. Or does he?

"That's really cute Gavin," she answered haughtily and then turned to me saying, "I see your sister found herself a new boy toy." I want to punch her, maybe I should? After what she did to my trust? She was my friend! Geez I hate her. Calm down Samantha.

I try to ignore her. I wouldn't put myself down to her level by starting or even participating in a cat fight. "If you have nothing else to say, just walk out of here Ashley. Don't make yourself look any more ridiculous than you already are," Mia said as calm as she possibly could.

Ashley derisively snorted, turned her back on us and flipped her long, fake blonde hair. I can't believe it, she just walked away! Without any come back to what she just heard from Mia.
I cooled down as well and looked at Ethan reassuringly. I smiled at him when he put a stray hair away from my face using his left hand. His touch was electrifying. I wanted to kiss him, but I can't, everybody's looking. My brother, Mia and a bunch of other people in this restaurant. I try to stop the urge.

When we finished the whole box of pizza and some other finger food that we ordered, we walked out of Sunny Pizza feeling fuller than ever. I loved how Ethan was touching the small of my back with his palm as if guiding my steps. Good thing Gav is preoccupied with Mia's attempt to stall his attention from us, they were debating something about their Xbox game - I guess.

"I didn't knew you could eat that many," Ethan laughed. I blush.
"Don't be embarrassed love, I think it's cute. You're unlike many girls who eat nothing but salad or water."
Aww... Ethan? "Hmm, thanks I guess. Hey, how about you tell me something I don't know about you yet," I say to him. "What d'you mean?" He asked as we walk past the parking lot entrance. "Like what do you love to do before you got into the military? Except for football - that, I know already." I smiled. He gave me a befuddled look and said, "Let's see. I think I told you everything except that I love taking photos. It's a hobby that I really loved when I was in high school, hence, the long hair that I had from one of my old pictures and that I was working for the school paper for just a year, then my dad pushed me in to playing football until college." I smiled, "That's good to know. I totally see you wearing nerdy specs, boat shoes, pastel colored clothes and long shiny hair with a camera wrapped around your neck," I said laughing as we almost get to the car. He kissed my side temple, shy as I was, I try to feel comfortable because I know Gav is around. He seems fine with us dating anyway - the whole night he's just ignoring or pretending he didn't see Ethan's sweet gestures.
We were just about to get into the truck when Liam came close to us from their car a few parking spaces away from us. It all happened like a blur. Things happened fast after Liam threw a punch at Ethan saying, "Stay away from Sam!" Gav immediately stopped Liam for throwing another punch while Ashley screamed "Liam stop it!" a few times, trying to stay away from them because it might ruin her dress. Gav gave Liam a taste of his fist when he threw a nerve wrecking punch at him. I felt my body froze, I wanted to help, but Mia kept tugging me away from them. I have never seen my brother punch the life out of someone before. Ethan just recovered from Liam's attack when he tried to help my brother after Liam also slammed his tiny arms on Gav's stomach. Ethan threw one last punch on Liam then he fell on his butt. I guess Liam have no idea what these boys do in USMA. Ethan and Gav looked fine except for Ethan's bruise on his right jaw. Liam on the other hand looked hurt, he's caressing his arm while trying to get up as his friends and Ashley help him out - at least they know better than to throw another punch at Gav and Ethan. They might be outnumbered, but these two have a lot of muscle going on while they struggle to carry their own friend due to lack of upper body strength.
"What do you think you're doing?! If my father finds out about this... we're gonna have to break up again!" Ashley screeched at Liam. He ignored her, stood up and said, "This isn't over Carter."
"Go home Bentley and stay away from my sister. There's nothing else for you here, you had your chance," my brother growled at him.