49

Maya

I heard the door open slowly, as it revealed Riley walking in as calmly and quietly as she possibly could.

"Riles," I chocked out, as I saw her.

"Maya." Riley sighed of relief, walking towards me. "I'm so happy you're okay."

"Yeah, me too," I gave her a light smile. "I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?"

"Don't know, for worrying everyone? For distracting my mom, causing the accident?"

"Maya, no. You are not at blame for this!" Riley told me passionately. "It was the drunk drivers fault, not you."

"But if I-"

"No."

"No you don't understand -"

"I understand that it wasn't your fault."

I sigh, giving up. My brain was shutting off again. I had to sleep again..but I might never wake up if I do... "Riley Matthew?"

She giggled that giggle I loved so much. "Yes, Maya Har?"

"Will you..marry..me...?" I quark ones, weak, saying it as softly as possible. I was tired, I was weak. I held out a ring I was saving. I was originally gonna plan this proposal for months but I just couldn't wait much longer.

Riley's eyes widened with pure shock, and I got nervous for a moment until I saw her smile brighter then I ever seen. Tears started to fall out her eyes. "Yes! Yes, a hundred times yes!" She exclaimed, a smile forming upon her lips as she kissed me.

Somehow, it felt like the first time. It always did. When I kissed Riley Matthews it felt like home. An odd, awkward, insane version of home. Still home. Home is where when you leave it, you just miss it. Home.

---

A/N:
Haven't updated in a bit because I wanted to make these perfect. The next chapter will be the last. This book is sadly coming to a close, thank you for all your support and 27K+ reads! That's just insane. ILY💖💖💖