Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Sunday meant that the family togetherness day had (unfortunately) arrived.

And Candice wasn't happy about it.

Today, the family would be taking the train, so that meant that Candice had to get up early. She had to set her alarm for five thirty that morning, to get up at six 'o' clock, because she knew that it would have taken herself ages to wake up.

And she was right.

It was now five minutes to six, and Candice still could not be bothered to pull herself out of bed. It was a wonder that no one had knocked on the door to wake her up, but she was pretty sure that would have happened pretty soon.

And, right on time, Candice thought, because there was a knock at her door, and Amy poked her head in, "come on, honey, it is time to get up now."

"I can't, mother," replied Candice.

"Why?"

"This is too early for me. You know I am not a morning person."

"You'll have to make an exception today because you have to get up now."

"I can't."

"Come on."

Candice groaned and then she tossed the covers back on her bed. It was cold, but as soon as she put her dressing gown on, she felt warmer again. She then went out to the kitchen to get her breakfast and she got a shock to see Sam ready and waiting to go in the lounge room.

How could he do it?

Candice was still trying to wake up, and she was actually tempted by a coffee this morning. Candice wasn't normally one to drink coffee, but never in her life had to got up at six in the morning, so this time was different. And she knew that Ian had his coffee every morning to wake up, so it was time for her to have a taste to see if she liked it.

Candice found herself a mug and she made her coffee exactly how she had seen Ian make it. When the water was boiled, and the coffee, sugar and milk had been put in the mug, Candice poured the water in, wondering if coffee would have been the thing to wake her up. She then stirred the coffee a bit before she attempted to have a taste.

Candice had a sip.

And it wasn't bad.

So, she took another sip.

And it still wasn't bad.

Candice had found her morning drink.

She would finally have a good way of waking herself up in the morning.

That was great.

"Is that coffee?" asked Sam as he snuck up on Candice in the kitchen.

Candice jumped and nearly spilt her coffee before she turned around and looked at Sam.

"Why do you care?" she asked.

"I didn't know you drank coffee," replied Sam.

"I wanted to try it."

"Why?"

"To wake myself up."

"That's a good idea."

"Really? Why?"

"Because you look like a real zombie in the morning."

"Say that again, and this coffee won't be going down my throat."

"Where will it be going?"

"Down your pants."

Sam's jaw dropped, "mum! Candice is drinking coffee and she is going to pour it down my pants!"