Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ella was now getting a little sick of her work experience. It was Wednesday, and she only had two more days of it which she was happy about.

But, something good came from work experience, and that was the fact that Ella had officially decided that it would have been great to be an equine vet. She was going to do it, and she was going to stay it, so she figured she needed to tell someone.

And that someone would be Seth.

Ella then sent a text to Seth:

Hey.

Hey.

I thought I would tell you that I made a decision today.

And you must be extremely happy about it.

Yes, I am.

Well, go on, then. What is it?

I have officially decided that I am going to be an equine vet.

I thought you had already decided that.

I sort of did, but I spoke with Nicole today, and I confirmed that I want to do it.

Nicole was the local equine vet and she was at the ranch to check on Tessa. It gave Ella a good experience because she actually got to talk to a vet about being a vet, and she got to observe and help her. She even got to hear the foal's heartbeat with the stethoscope, and she thought that it was amazing. It was so exciting and it made Ella know that she wanted to be an equine vet:

Yeah, well, I have decided something as well.

What?

I am officially going to christen Alina this weekend, and you are invited. So is Ally.

You are really going to do it?

Yeah.

Why do you want Ally to come?

Because she helped me with Alina when I first got her. She doesn't have to come, but I thought I would invite her.

Well, that's nice of you.

Extremely, sweetheart.

Ella laughed, but it was soon time to go. So she and Seth said their goodbyes and Ella got back to thinking about her work experience.

When Ella got to the ranch, she did all of her work in the morning that she was supposed to do. Cody was also practically on time to work, too, seeing as he had Mason with him. Mason would stay with Isabella while Cody went about his work during the day.

Ella definitely wanted to play with Mason as some point throughout the day, and she also wanted to see him climb on the furniture and stand up. She was sure that it would have been the cutest thing, so as soon as Ella finished with the mucking out of the stalls, she raced to the office to go and see Mason. Cody was still in there with his son as he tried to make him behave, and Ella couldn't help but smile.

"I have done all the work that I had to do this morning," said Ella as she sat on the couch in the office, "while I waited for you."

"Good girl," replied Cody.

"And shouldn't you be telling me what to do, rather than playing with your son?"

"The only reason I'm playing with him is because Isabella needs to do a few things out of the office, and Ryan is taking a lesson. Someone needs to be in here with him."