twenty five

"Are you sure you have everything?" May's mom asked the lovers for the umpteenth time.

They were standing at the airport with the other boys, their suitcases in hand and their hopes high.

"Of course, May made a checklist for both of us and checked our suitcases twelve times yesterday," Michael responded, kind of tired with how worried their parents were.

He understood though. They were on their way to Europe at the moment, getting ready to start of the Take Me Home tour with the One Direction boys the next week. The band had practiced every day for two months, Michael and Calum had dropped out of school after the one week mark and Luke had yet to join in the whole "Fuck school; I just want to be in a band" mantra.

May's mom smiled at the two before pressing soft kisses to both of their foreheads and wishing them 'good luck' on the trip. May hugged her mom quickly before they moved on to Michael's parents now. They finally got over everything that had happened and claimed her as their daughter-in-law again.

Michael was hugged by both of his parents, both of them whispering how excited and how proud they were. Michael had a smile on his face that didn't seem to leave and May thought it was the cutest thing ever. They then moved on to May and hugged her, whispering and telling her to take care of their baby boy.

May just smiled widely and hugged both parents tightly.

The couple said goodbye to the rest of the families, a few years being held back and then trying to remain cool. Tori was joining them as well for the first month before school started so May wasn't completely terrified of being alone. She watched as Luke and Sara said goodbye to each other, practically making out at the airport gate. Yes, they had gotten together and yes, it was because of May and Michael.

The group of teens were all very emotional saying goodbye to their family but they were all excited. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity that they couldn't be more ecstatic for.

"Flight 23798: final call for boarding. Can the giant group of teens please just board the plane already?" the voice rang throughout the small section of the terminal.

The group took their turns, having their tickets scanned and getting onto the British Airways plane. They slowly took their seats in business class, courtesy of One Direction, and were accommodated into the plush seats. May hadn't been on a plane in years and felt as if she were about to piss herself.

She was staring out the window, trying to control her nerves and convince herself that everything would be okay.

"Are you excited? It feels amazing actually being on the plane now," Michael asked, brining May out of her torrential thoughts.

He grabbed her hand from where it was clutching the armrest and entwined their fingers together so she was squeezing his hand instead.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous of the flight in all," May admitted, looking down at their locked hands and realized that she was squeezing the living life out of her boyfriend's hand. She released her grip and Michael released a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Why are you nervous? We're about to start a new, giant adventure. The two of us and all of our closest friends. This will be the greatest thing to ever happen to us," Michael said excitedly.

May smiled weakly but knew it was true.

"You're right Michael Gordon Clifford, let's start this adventure."

"I'm always right May Annalise Clark, an adventure awaits us."

"Michael Gordon Clifford and May Annalise Clark, will you both shut up by stop saying the word adventure?"

A voice brought the couple out of their moment and they turned around to see Ashton and Calum mocking them with Luke doing the commentary.

"Shut up Luke," Michael grumbled.

***

I finished it omg. I have the epilogue left and that's it. I'm probably gonna post that tomorrow and then get back to my regular updating schedule. I just wanted to finish this one soon saying I'd dragged it on since like April. I've been working on this story for eight months and it's finally over omg. I'm gonna miss writing it tbh but I'm not upset. This was one of my favorite to write because it was sad but then it got happy. (If you want to read another one of my stories like that, read my story Young God aye.) thank you guys so much for 22k reads and for all the support I've gotten on this book. I love you all so much and thank you for actually finishing this book lol. Xx

~malumwritings