Chapter 6

Everything was ok in elementary school, and a majority of middle school. Bert had got in huge amounts of trouble, and so did Frank from his mother. Gerard was comfortable for the most part and had a doting Frank to comfort him almost everyday. (Unless he was sick but he tried to stay healthy so he could protect Gerard.)

But one day everything turned around. It was the second month of 8th grade and to be honest, Frank was still Gerard's only friend. Frank had many other friends other than Gerard, but he made sure Gerard knew he was his best. One day Gerard was minding his own business in his social studies class and he got a note thrown at him. He was used to getting airplanes and papers with drawings thrown at him from Frank, so he picked it up quickly and unwrapped it happily looking at his best friend excitedly.

But he immediately knew something was wrong when Frank wasn't even looking at him. He looked back at it and his smile dropped when he saw one word on it: Fatty.

Gerard bit his lip harshly and stuffed it into his pocket, sighing and trying to ignore the feeling of people staring at him throughout the teacher's lecture.

When it was finally time to find a partner, Gerard and Frank made eye contact and they practically lept at each other.

Gerard smiled and forgot all about the note, as him and Frank wrote all about Italy for the social studies presentation.

When it was finally time for lunch, Gerard remembered about the note and hugged Frank tightly for comfort at the lunch table while Frank was talking to some kid named Pete.

"F-Frank?" Gerard whimpered, and got very jealous that Pete had Frank's full attention because Frank wasn't responding.

Gerard nuzzled into Frank's shirt and whimpered, "Frank please!"

Frank pushed Gerard off his seat and he landed with a thud, "God do you ever shut up!" Frank's words spewed from his mouth, "I have other friends too! Just leave me alone for a minute!"

Gerard teared up and he hastily grabbed his stuff and ran to the bathroom, sobbing by the time he got into a stall.

He ate lunch with his runny nose and shook as he felt like shit. "I'm really horrible!" He covered his face, and by the time it was time for his next class he was done crying and had finished his food. He slowly got up and walked to his next class, agreeing to leave Frank alone for the rest of the day. He wasn't wanted anyways, and he didn't want Frank to hate him even more than he already did.

Frank bit his lip as he had been looking around for Gerard for quite a while and didn't see him. "F-fuck" he started to panic, and then he saw that Gerard was walking with all his books held close to his chest.

"Gerard!" He hugged him and Gerard flinched and stayed silent, and once Frank had let go Gerard kept walking.

Frank sighed looked at the floor, "I fucked up." He rubbed his eyes, and watched as Gerard kept walking.

Gerard was sitting in his seat when he felt something hit him. He knew that Frank was somewhere in his class so he again, assumed it was him and opened the paper: Lose weight fat ass.

His eyes stung and he covered his face with his hand trying not to draw any attention to himself. He read the paper again and felt himself get closer to tears. Nobody at home told him he was fat, and Frank hasn't either.

He bit his lip and for the rest of class he doodled in the corner of his paper. He usually walked home with Frank and decided that he would make up with him.

At the end of the day Frank waited for Gerard at the same place as he did everyday, and he was ecstatic that Gerard was following him.

"Hey," Frank said softly and looked at Gerard delicately like he would break.

"I'm sorry." Gerard said quickly and couldn't stop his shaking, afraid that Frank was still mad.

"No I should be." Frank smiled and put an arm around Gerards shoulders and squeezed. "I shouldn't have snapped you know that you are my best friend"

"Am I fat?" Gerard blurted and looked at Frank with wide eyes, "Be honest!" He stopped and he turned to face his best friend and held out his arms.

"N-no maybe a bit chubby? Why?" Frank shrugged, sure Gerard was a bit more then him but it's ok right? It's just baby fat. He decided to change the subject, "I had a wet dream."

Gerard laughed, "I always knew you would hit puberty before me. I got my first armpit hair the other day!" Gerard smiled, and that always made Frank happy and he smiled too. "What did you dream about?"

Frank shrugged and his cheeks turned a bit red. "Y-you know just stuff..."

"Whatttt??" Gerard smirked and knocked his elbow against Frank's ribs.

"Had a dream I had sex with Jamia." He whispered and looked around to make sure she wasn't around.

"Do you like her?" Gerard teased and ruffled the shorter boy's hair.

"No not particularly but she is pretty..." Frank cleared his throat and poked Gerard's nose. "No, you need to tell me when you get one. Deal?"

Gerard nodded and they started walking again. He was very, very happy they had finally made up.

Gerard dropped Frank off at his house, and walked to his own making sure Frank's dad wasn't in the driveway. Afterall he was able to confirm that Gerard was a faggot, because he kissed a boy in 6th grade. That didn't go well when they ran into eachother at a supermarket soon after, and Gerard was by himself getting some milk.

Gerard walked quickly to his house and dropping his stuff on the floor, and ran to the bathroom so that he could finally use the dye that he had saved up to buy. Let's just stay that Frank is going to be very, very surprised tomorrow and won't be able to not talk to him.

(( I have no idea what i'm doing))