Chapter Five

Gerard and Frank went to school the following day. They hadn't talked since the phone call, and Gerard already knew something was up when Frank didn't talk to him before they went inside for class like they usually do. 

They didn't talk at all though all of their classes before recess. Gerard felt he was going to cry when he saw Frank chose Bert as a partner instead of him.

Frank hung out with other people, and could easily leave Gerard forever with the amount of friends he had. 

Gerard sighed and sat on the swing that recess, and played with his action figures. He would normally do that with Frank but everything had changed.

Frank got Bert and told him the secret that his dad told him about Gerard and they had a "great plan."

At the end of school Gerard got his backpack and swung it over his shoulder, already just wanting to go home and cry.

Gerard was walking away when he was yanked from behind and fell to the ground. "Ow!" Gerard scrambled to get up, but was held down by Bert. He looked up and saw Frank, his mouth opening in surprise and he squirmed to get away. 

"My dad told me the truth about you- you faggot!" Frank laughed, and Bert threw Gerard's backpack away as far as he could.

"What?" Gerard started to tear up and thrashed around "What did I do?"

"You are a monster!" Frank kicked Gerard in the thigh, and made Bert grab Gerard's hair and punched him in the eye.

Gerard started bawling immediately in fear as the following pain of them just punching and kicking aimlessly was getting blurred together, the pain was unbearable. There was no one source of the pain when they were done it was everywhere. He ached and stung everywhere and the tears merged into his blood and the dirt. 

Frank and Bert got up laughing, "I'm like the real Superman!" Frank exclaimed and pulled his pants down. Bert did the same and they peed on Gerard to humiliate  him even more. They threw Gerard's backpack at him and left laughing and Frank was happy, very happy.

Gerard stumbled home and his mom rushed in when she saw him, "What happened to my poor baby!" she kissed his head.

"Frank and Bert... Frank beat me up and they- they made me feel horrible! Frank didn't talk to me at all, and then they beat me up and they call me a strange name and then they say that i'm a monster! Frank's dad told him I was a monster!.

Outraged she called Mrs. Iero and told her what Gerard had told her. 

Mrs. Iero felt absolutely horrible that Mr. Iero told that to Frank. And while Mr. Iero was gone she felt more comfortable scolding Frank. Mr. Iero was getting worse and worse, and would yell at her and sometimes once or twice hit her. In the past three month she has been hit twice and they are getting in more and more fights, but she doesn't want to stress Frank, she wanted him happy.

"Frank!" she saw him playing on the floor with his DS, and she grabbed him and pulled away the DS. "Did you beat up Gerard?! Gerard is bleeding and bruised, and he said you did it!" 

Frank laughed "Aren't you proud? I beat up a faggot, a monster today!"

"Oh my god!" she shook Frank "did your father tell you that?" she said more softly.

"Y-yeah why?"

"Gerard isn't a monster at all. And faggot isn't a nice word. We aren't even sure if Gerard is a homosexual, but your father thinks he is, and he is convinced that you will become like him. It's horrible that your father thinks that way about a small boy, and that he convinced you!" she wanted to throw up.

Franks eyes widened "Whats a homosexual?"

"A person who is attracted to same gender as themselves."

"Dad says that's wrong!"

"It's not he just doesn't understand! I like girls but not just strictly just girls i'm bisexual am I a monster?"

"N-no... 

"He just doesn't understand. Please don't tell him that either ok?"

Frank nodded and buried his face in his hands. "I-i'm horrible! I beat him up! He was crying and scared! He hates me!"

"Go apologize ok?" she opened the door, and Frank ran out and didn't stop until he pounded on the door. Mrs. Way glared and opened the door.

"Can I apologize to Gerard?"

She nodded and let Frank passed. Frank ran and opened Gerard's door, Gerard was bandaging his arm. They made eye contact and Gerard screamed and fell to the floor. He raised his arms to cover his face and screamed "P-please don't hurt me!"

Frank took a step forward, but Gerard scrambled away. "I'm not going to hurt you."

Gerard shook and started to tear up "I-I get it. You hate me! I-I won't hang around you anymore, and ill go back to being by myself ok?"

Frank backed Gerard into a corner and Gerard bit his swollen lip "I-im sorry Gee, that was horrible of me to do. J-just my dad told me that you were horrible, and I didn't know what to think." 

Gerard put his arms down and nodded "Ok I accept your apology. We aren't friends anymore though are we?"

Frank bit his lip "I want to be"

"You made me bleed, you peed on me and I was so scared. I can't trust you can I? Your dad hates me."

Frank got on his knees and hugged Gerard tightly "It won't happen again ok? I will protect you lets only hang out at school for now on ok?"

"Ok." Gerard kissed Franks cheek like he imagined a princess would do after her prince saved her.

((There will be a time skip to middle school maybe next chapter))