Tumblr Girls Say Different

Roman's POV

"Leaving again, are you?" I hear just barely hear from behind me.

I pull my headphones from on my ears to around my neck and look back at my wife.

"Yes, I am." I say.

"Does it make you happy or something?" She says, standing from the bed.

I sigh and glance at my phone, checking the time.

4:37 AM.

I had to be at the airport by 5, I really didn't have time for this. "Galina, I don't want to fight with you. I have to go."

"Have to go..." She says looking at the ground with a sarcastic laugh. "You always have to go. One day when you come back I won't be here. And neither will Joelle so if I were you I would get in the habit of hugging her like it's your last time every time you walk out that door."

"Why are you being like this, G? You were never like this...." I say but she holds up a hand.

"Don't act like you know me like that, Roman." She says lowly.

"Know you like that!" I exclaim in a quiet voice. "We're married, for Christ's sake!"

"Are we really? Gee, I don't seem to remember that." She says sarcastically and I roll my eyes.

"I'm leaving now. Tell Jo I'll talk to her on Skype tonight."

"Whatever." The woman says as she gets back into our shared bed.

I grab both of my suitcases and leave the room. I set one down to each back so that I could close the door.

I grab the handle but then stop and look at my wife as she turns off the lamp. "I still love you G." I say quietly.

But the room is silent. So I close the door not expecting any words from her.

"I still love you too, Reigns." I hear muffled behind the door and I smile to myself though I don't know why.

I walk by my daughter's door and crack it open lightly, looking at the motionless lump in the covers, it only moving up and back down lightly in a deep sleep.

"Alright, my little turtle. Be good. I love you." I whisper and hope that my words could make it into her dreams.

I was about to close her door back when I hear a soft voice come. "I love you too, daddy." I hear a sleepy voice call lightly and I smile.

I close her door back and grab my suitcases once again.

I walk down the stairs and open the front door and then stop, thinking of what Galina had said.

'My girl will be here when I get back.' I convince myself and walk outside into the early morning air.

•••

"Rome." I hear from behind me. "My brother." I turn and look as a crazy man approached me.

I give him a fist bump. "What's up, Dean?" I greet him and he just shrugs with his classic smirk.