Chapter 2

Seo Jin's POV

Today was the start of the school holidays. This means I couldn't get to see Jimin as often. Well... That's because my parents don't know about us yet. And if my parents do find out, I would most probably get into deep trouble. So for now, it's best my parents don't know anything yet. Just yesterday, Jimin felt like I have been neglecting him lately. Which lead to a break. It hurts. It still hurts. But this is part of every single relationship, right? I believe we just got to hold on, and things will get better. Just last night, I had a nightmare. I dreamt that Jimin left me with just a text saying that we should break up before our feelings grow deeper... But I brushed it off, thinking it's just a nightmare and nothing more. That day after school, Jimin came to me.

"Uh... Are you free?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck and looking down.

"Wae?" I asked, looking at his face.

"A... Ani... I'm bored, so I thought maybe you want to go watch a movie or something?" He asked, still looking down, still rubbing the back of his neck.

I giggled.

"Wae? What's so funny?" Jimin asked, looking up at me.

"Ani... It's just, it's so you, you know. To still ask me out on a date while we are on a break," I smiled at him.

"Yah, who said we're going on a date?" Jimin asked, hurriedly looking away.

"Mmm, then I'm going home now," I said, and turned around to walk the other way.

"Yah!" Jimin ran after me.

"I'm going home to study," I said.

"A... Ani! You're going to go on a date with me," He smiled at me.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw his smile. We walked side by side, towards the nearest movie theatre, which was about a half an hour walk away. It was awkward. None of us were talking.

"In what way am I neglecting you...?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"You stopped spending time with me, I guess. Not that you didn't, but you spent lesser time. When I'm with you, you only talk about your friends' problems. You hardly focus on us now. Sometimes you would prefer to go out with your friends than me..." Jimin answered after a while.

"Mian..." I apologized.

"Gwaenchana," He looked at me, and smiled.

And then the awkward silence was back.

"We aren't meeting much during this holiday right...?" Jimin asked all of a sudden.

"I can try asking my parents..." I answered softly because I know that my parents would want me to stay home to study.

"Jungkook stays next door, right?" He asked.

Jungkook was a very close friend of ours. And yea, he stays next door.

"Ne," I answered.

"Are you two still on talking terms?" Jimin asked.

"Yah," I laughed, "We still talk like we used to."

"That's good," He smiled at me.

Somehow, Jimin's smile... Somehow, I could sense pain behind that beautiful, flawless smile.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked.

"Ani, we aren't watching any movies today. Let's do it like our first date, shall we?" Jimin said and took my hand.

"Are we still on a break...?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

We walked towards the park near his house. It was where we went to for our first date. We walked to the bench we sat the other time and sat down. It was a bittersweet feeling. All the memories started coming back.