:in which he is a dick

"Bullshit!" I yelled as my friends tried to, once again, explain why they had tricked me into leaving the comfort of my apartment and brought me to a rehab center.

Yes. I, Calum Thomas Hood, am an addict. Addicted to what? I guess a little bit of everything, but I would never admit that to anyone.

"Good morning, gentlemen. Who will be checking in?" The receptionist kindly asked.

"Hood. Calum Hood." Luke informed the bored-looking man typing at a desk.

"No. No one is checking in." I refused to waste my time at some dumb hospital.

"Don't listen to him. He's the one being checked in."

"Any bags? Suitcase? Something? Anything?" The man at the desk, Brian, asked.

"Bags are in the car. Let me go get 'em." Ashton offered, leaving the three of us at an awkward stare off.

"Okay. Please fill out this form and we'll be happy to take you in. How will you be paying?" I stop listening at that point when I see a pretty girl walk in and speak to Brian. Brian makes her fill out some kind of form as well then disappears through the door behind the reception desk.

Minutes later, Ashton comes back with my suitcases that my friends had pre-packed.

"So, Calum, we'll visit you at least once a week. Please don't cause any trouble." Ashton reminded me.

"We're doing this for your own good." Luke also said.

"Yeah, man. We just wanna help you."

"If you really wanted to help me you wouldn't have brought me here." I gritted my teeth and balled my hands into fists. I needed a hit. Shit.

"Trust us, Cal. This is what's best for you." Luke's last words before two male nurses take my bags and I follow them further into the rehab center.

I am led to a plain room with one bed in the middle and a desk with a chair on one side and a closet on the other. The male nurses set my bags off to the side and leave me alone.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Hood. I am Doctor Baker, I am the head of this fine institution. We like to make everyone here as comfortable as possible. So, we want you to be as open and as relaxed as you can be. Fortunately, we have enough caretakers at our facility and we are able to pair you up with someone who has a closer, if not, the same age as you. Mr. Hood, I'd like you to meet Ms. Aberdeen." He moves aside to show the same pretty girl, now in a scrubs outfit, I had seen earlier.

"You can call me Jenna." She smiled.

"I'll leave you two to get settled then." Doctor Baker hands Jenna a clipboard and goes down the hall.

"Hi, Calum. Welcome. We're going to take great care of you here. I-" Her voice makes a chill run down my spine. I don't know if it was her voice or because I'm in desperate need of a hit.

"Whatever." I laid down on the bed, hoping she would leave so I could get the stash kept in my boxers.

"Okay then. What about I help you unpack? Guys usually keep their closets messy, but since I'll be your caretaker, I might as well take care of your things too."

"Obviously. You're a girl right?" I didn't really mean what I said. I just really needed her to get out.

"Of course. You're a dick. Maybe that's why your friends put you here after all." She smiled at me sarcastically. "Just so you know, I'll be the one signing your release papers. So, if you wanna get out of here, I suggest you change your attitude, asshole." With a bang of the door, I was alone.

Suddenly, I didn't feel like using up my stash. Maybe I was too hard on her. I mean, if she was my ticket out of here maybe I actually had to be nicer.

***

first chapter finally up after a million years

btw i don't know how rehab facilities works so this is purely based on what i think would happen

-gabby